Week of October 5, 2015
What Happened This Week?
• Mrs. Chimel joined us as our Mystery Reader.
• We started a new positive behavior program. Ask your child about popping bubbles!
• The students learned about Main Idea and Supporting Details.
• During writing, students worked on their Halloween/ Fall narratives.
• In class, the students are busy becoming meteorologists! They are also learning about different weather tools. This week, we learned how to use thermometers and wind vanes.
• Math time focused on number lines.
What's Coming Up?
• We will be studying different types of storms. Our main focus will be on hurricanes and tornadoes. If you can, talk with your child about the current storm Joaquinn.
• We will continue to investigate Main Idea and Supporting Details.
• Our phonics pattern is the Bossy R.
• During math, the children will use line plots and compare measurements.
• School will be closed on 10/12/15
• Raz Kids minutes count on reading logs. Please remind your kids to use this great site!
• A few children still need a binder or headphones. Please check with them to see if they are in need of either material.
• Spelling Tests are on Thursday. Please help your child practice each night.