Assessment for Learning
1) Clarifying, understanding, and sharing learning intentions, it shows the importance of providing examples of different qualities of work. As an educator, it is important to show students what an A, B, C, D, F paper look like. Students will have the clear opportunity to see what level it will take to improve their grade. The clearer an educator is with grades, the less a student can question the grade they receive.
2) The importance of in class heated discussions as well as activities that show proof of student learning. I feel it is always important for students to be able to have discussions in class, it encourages them to take a stand for what they think as well as forcing them to provide information to support their reasoning.
3) The importance in providing feedback so students can move in a positive direction. As a teacher it is always important to inform your students how they can improve. The clearer you can be with feedback, the less a student can question the reason for receiving a grade as well.
4) Strategy number four encourages activating students as learning resources for one another. Students can definitely learn from one another, they can take positives and negatives and find ways to improve. They can collaborate and share ideas together.
5) Have students taking ownership for their work. This is extremely important, you always would like your students to own their work and take pride in what they are doing. If they are proud of their effort and finished product, it will be more rewarding and the students will be self motivated to learn, think, create.