North Pole Middle School
Principal's Update - February 14, 2022
Hello Parents and Families
We are halfway through February and the third quarter which is amazing to think about. This quarter is absolutely flying by here at the school. Our first social last Friday went well, the kids had a ball and the wrestling team was able to raise some much needed funds for their program. A big thank you to all of the wrestling parents who volunteered their time or their resources to help make this event successful.
Next week is an unusual week as students will only attend school on February 24 and 25th. February 21st is a Professional Development Day for all district staff, February 22nd and 23rd are Parent Teacher Conferences, by now you should have received a postcard in the mail with those dates and times. Courtney Howk will be sending you a separate email with information as to how to sign up for conferences.
PTSO will be meeting on February 28 @ 5:30 p.m. in the library to discuss some upcoming family events hosted by NPM Social Service Manager Gissell Cravener. One goal of these events is to provide a light dinner for families so they can come to the event without having to worry about feeding their families first. Help from you, our parents will be needed to pull this off. We look forward to seeing you at this meeting.
The end of the third quarter is March 11 with an early dismissal at 12:50 p.m. Spring break is the week of March 13 - 19th, no school for anyone and the fourth quarter begins March 21st. It will be a quick race to May after spring break with State testing and the arrival of spring close behind. Stay tuned for more information as we move closer to the end of the school year. Whew!
Have a wonderful week all.
Richard Smith, Principal
February 14 - February 18 Schedule
School Climate Survey
Hutchison High School Lottery
The application deadline is Wednesday, February 16, at 3:00 pm. Because the number of applicants exceeds the space available at Hutchison, names will then be drawn in a lottery.
To apply, go to https://lottery.k12northstar.org.
For more information about Hutchison High School, go to k12northstar.org/hutchison or call 907-479-2261.
Parent Teacher Conferences
Volleyball Tryouts for Boys and Girls
Students must have the following documents to participate:
- Concussion Acknowledgement Form (good for the school year)
- Sports Physical (good for 18 months)
- Activity Consent Form (needs to be completed for each activity a student participates in)
School Start Times and Availability
Our new school start and end times for students are 7:50 a.m. to 2:20 p.m.
Students can be dropped off in the morning at 7:00 a.m. at which time doors will be opened.
Students should plan on leaving the school by 2:35 p.m. unless they are in an after school activity sponsored by school staff.
Morning Drop Off & Afternoon Pickup
A bus deviation is a request for your student to ride a bus that they aren't registered for already and that they don't usually ride.
A few helpful hints on how to request a bus deviation:
- It MUST be requested in writing via notes, email (email@example.com) or fax to 907-488-9213. Students may NOT write their own notes.
- If you send one by email, you will get a reply saying we received it. If you don’t get a reply please call 488-2271. Bus deviations must be submitted by 1:00 p.m. If it is an early release day bus deviations must be submitted by 11:30 a.m. If you submit an email after 11:00 a.m., please call to confirm receipt.
-Your request needs to have the following information on it:
- Your student's name
- Bus number (route) and the name of the street it stops at (if you don't know this, you can call the transportation office at 907-452-2000 and select option 4)
- How long the deviation is good for (just that day or for the whole school year as needed)
- Parent's name and contact information
- Our fax number is:(907)488-9213
- Email requests to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Activities and Clubs
Click the button below to get information on our current athletics and clubs in addition to scheduled competitions and meetings dates.
Reminder that both breakfast and lunches are free for ALL STUDENTS for the 2021-2022 school year, no paperwork and no strings attached. The link for our Nutrition Services Department is here, https://www.k12northstar.org/nutrition if you would like more information.
Any “a-la-cart” items that the cafeteria may sell will be sold to students and that money will come out of their lunch account. Information about the cost of items can be found below. This link, https://k12northstar.nutrislice.com/menu/menus-eula will take you to a list of all schools in the district so you can see each schools’ breakfast and lunch menu if you are interested.
School Hours 7:50 a.m. - 2:20 p.m.
Push 1 for Attendance Line
Push 2 for Counseling Secretary
Push 3 for Nurse
Push 4 for Library
Push 5 for Administrative Secretary or to reach the Principal and/or Assistant Principal
Push 0 for Front Office