Laburnum Community Connection
Family Edition - March 7, 2021
Thank you for your support as we transitioned into our hybrid model of instruction. Students are doing a great job adjusting to the schedule.
As a reminder, we will not be making additional changes to in person scheduling to remain in compliance with CDC and HCPS Health Committee guidelines. Additionally, as our students and teachers adjust to the new schedule, this will prevent disruption to instruction and current transportation schedules. If you have any questions, please don't hesitate to reach out to your child's teacher or me.
Please don't forget to check out our PTA Message section to see our upcoming fundraiser and winners of our mask contest.
Friday March 12 is a half day. The schedule is 8 - 10:30. Please be at the bus stop to receive your student. Please be at parent pick-up at 10:25.
Scholastic Book Fair
You’re invited to shop our Scholastic Book Fair online from Friday, March 12, 2021- Thursday, March 25, 2021!
All purchases benefit our school and connect kids with new books, favorite characters, complete series, and more:
Over 6,000 items, including new releases, best sellers, and value packs
All orders ship direct to home
FREE shipping on book-only orders over $25*
All purchases support our school and earn 25% in rewards
Visit our Book Fair Homepage on March 12 to get started!
Happy reading and thank you for supporting our school!
*Free standard shipping is available on book-only orders of $25 or more, after all discounts are applied. Free standard shipping (books) must be selected during checkout. Orders containing products other than books are not eligible for this shipping promotion.
Return to Learn Reminders
Please see below for the schedule for the remainder of the year.
- Monday: 8:00 – 1:00
- Tuesday: 8:00 – 1:00
- Wednesday: Virtual for all students 8:00 – 10:00/ Wellness Wednesday activities
- Thursday: 8:00 – 1:00
- Friday: 8:00 – 1:00
Your child may be pulled for small groups after the end of the school day. If this is the case, your child's teacher will communicate this to you in advance.
Remember to send your student to school with a charged device (Chromebook or iPad), charger, and headphones.
If your child is sick, do not send your child to school. Please contact Ms. Jones, our attendance secretary, immediately. She can be reached via email at firstname.lastname@example.org or phone (804) 228-2720.
If you have a planned absence, such as a vacation, prior approval from the principal is required for it to be considered excused. Email Mrs. Boone at email@example.com.
In person students cannot move between in-person and virtual unless quarantined by School Health Services due to COVID related situations. If you, your child, or anyone in your home has been exposed, tested, or contracted COVID. do not send your child to school and contact us immediately.
Instructional Packet Pick Up:
We will resume distribution of instructional packets to support students. Bins will be placed outside by grade level. Locate your child's grade level bin and select one package per LES student. If you arrive between 9 and 4 and the bin is empty, ring the bell and someone will make additional copies. See the dates below.
Meal Distribution Update:
Beginning this week, HCPS curbside meal service will move to Wednesdays only and distribute meals in bulk (7-9 AM and 11:30 AM- 1:30 PM). Laburnum is a meal distribution site. Click the link below to see additional sited.
- You will be able to see bus information in PowerSchool via your Parent Portal account NOW. if you do not have a Parent Portal account, please set one up. Directions are linked below.
- The front of the school is for buses ONLY. All parent drop off and pick up will occur on the side of the building in the parking lot. See attached map.
- If you have a student who will be transported by Daycare, communicate this to the school immediately. Please inform your child's daycare that all vans will go through the parent pick up line.
- Adults will not be permitted in the building to walk students to classrooms.
Parent Arrival Procedures:
- Student arrival will start at 7:50 AM. Do not drop students off prior to this because there will not be an adult to supervise them.
- Vehicles enter the parking lot area and pull up to the designated cones.
- All parents remain in vehicle
- Students exit vehicle on the passenger side ONLY
- Vehicles follow traffic pattern to exit drop off area.
Parent Pick Up Dismissal Procedures:
- Pick-up will begin at 1:00
- Vehicles will enter the parking lot area and pull up to the designated cones.
- All cars will display their family tag # on the dashboard which will match your child's lanyard number.
- Remain in your vehicle and we will dismiss your student to your car.
- If you do NOT have a family tag #, please have your ID ready. We will need to verify your identity for your child's safety.
- We cannot accommodate any dismissal changes.
Join the PTA on March 23 at 5:30 for our next PTA General Meeting and Principal Chat.
Join by Video :meet.google.com/qow-oaod-pdq
Join by Phone:
PIN: 274 316 867#
Don't forget to join our wonderful PTA! The cost is only $5.00 per person. Use the membership link today or stop by the school.
Visit the PTA MemberHub to purchase Laburnum t-shirts, gift cards, and other items. It's a great and easy way to support the PTA. See link below.
If the above link doesn't work copy and paste the link below in the browser.
Follow Us on Social Media