Roberts and ECHS Weekly Newsletter
May 10 - May 17
A note from our Administration
Dear SKSD Alternative Education students and families,
Our return to Hybrid has been safe and successful, your students are bringing their best to their work, and as we see the end of the year approaching, we are so glad for celebration, recognition, completion, and planning!
As we transition to closing the 2020-2021 school year, you will see announcements and resources in this newsletter for graduation, summer programs, and our plans for next year. As always, do not hesitate to reach out if you have questions. We will update with more information each week, and our program websites have additional information based on specific programs as well.
Our weekly reminders for school in person:
- Bring your Chromebook and charger every day- while we can help in an emergency- we can't cover everyone every day.
- Bring a water bottle you can refill- especially on these warm days!
- Be sure to check Canvas and work on your Applied Learning days!
Brad Shreve, Lisa McIntyre, and Miranda Cryns
The 2021-2022 School Year : Alternative Education Redesign
A NEW Vision for High School Students:
In September of 2021 we will open our doors to the Roberts at Chemeketa High School, which will serve students from our Teen Parent, Connections, SKO, and Lit Center all in one place and as ONE school.
Roberts at Chemeketa is an Options-Based High School where every student is at the center of their own educational plan and pathway. All of our options and services will continue to be available to students, but with each student's voice, choice, and pathway in the driver's seat.
A Brand NEW Middle School:
In September of 2021 we will also open an ALL NEW Options-Based Middle School called Roberts at Riverfront Middle School. The Riverfront Learning Center (previously Roberts Annex) will serve 7th-8th grade students who are seeking an alternative option for their education. Roberts at Riverfront will provide smaller class sizes, wrap around supports, and focused courses.
Please join us for an informational family night to discuss the changes and the opportunities on Wednesday, May 19th at 6pm. We will share a Zoom Link in next week's Newsletter.
Online Registration for 2021-2022 is open on ParentVUE
- If you are enrolling a student via online registration in the current school year, there will be a prompt asking if you would like to enroll the student in the new school year.
- If a parent does not change their address or enroll a new or returning student to the district, the registration will automatically get accepted without a review process.
- In the current year and in the new school year, parents of students returning to the district are able to enroll via Online Registration without the school office having to enroll them first. These registrations will not be auto accepted.
Be sure to fill out the medical and dental sections, sign the dance agreement, and complete the opt-out and survey sections of the registration!
We will hold 3 ceremonies for our students: 4:00pm, 5:30pm, and 7:00pm
Students will be able to sign up for the ceremony that best suits them and each will be provided with 4 tickets for guests to come cheer them on!
Each ceremony will be filmed and live streamed to be seen from home!
Our rehearsal block is from 9:00-11:45am on the 11th and a specific time will be assigned based on ceremony time.
We can't wait to celebrate our class of 2021!!
Our incredible staff have planned some amazing summer camp opportunities that any Roberts/ECHS student can join and take part in! Please review the list if you want to participate in an an awesome summer event!