By: Janelle Smith
- Went to the School of Fine Arts and The Hose of Haute Couture in Paris.
- Left Paris in 1959 to open a fashion house in Rome.
- Met Ginarcarlo Giammetti in Rome and Giammetti being an architecture student, they became partners professionally and romantically.
- They sold their company (Valentino SpA) in 1998 to the Italian conglomerate HdP for approximately $300 million.
- In 2002, HdP sold the Valentino brand to Marzotto Apparel.
- In 2007. Valentino anounced that his final haute couture show would be held on January of the following year at the Musee Rodin in Paris.
Use of color, etc.
- Thin fabrics and ruffles.
- He uses A line, bodycon, block, etc. silhouettes.
- Uses sheath and fitted styles to bring out the curves in women.
- He uses accessories to make things pop and compliment his pieces such as bags, shoes, etc.
- The Italian Highest Officials award.
- Famous for his red dresses and became known as "Valentino red."
Price Range/Other Products
- He makes suits, shoes, purses, etc.
3 Important Details
- His exhibition called "Valentino: 30 Years of Magic" was held in Rome in 1991.
- His documentary " Valentino: the Last Emperor" came out in 2008.