Full-Year Distance Learning (FYDL)
Wednesday Newsletter #15 November 18, 2020
NO SCHOOL Thanksgiving Break November 23rd-27th.
For the upcoming breaks, please consider the safety of our community and the necessity of any travel during the November and December breaks. If traveling is not essential, please think of virtual ways of connecting with loved ones who live outside of the area. I know how hard it has been to be without an extended family during this time. With the recent rise in cases, I feel that extra precaution is necessary at this time.
Please take a moment to read the safety recommendations and travel guidance from the Santa Clara County Public Health Department. If traveling is a necessity, COVID-19 testing and quarantining for 14 days are strongly recommended.
Thanksgiving Break: November 23-27
Winter Break: December 21-January 6
Thank you for taking the extra precautions during the upcoming breaks to reduce the spread of COVID-19 and to keep our schools and greater community safe.
Materials Distribution this Friday, 11/20 from 2 pm- 4pm. Location: Greendell Elementary
Some families will receive an email from their teacher inviting them to visit Greendell this Friday,11/20, from 2 pm -4 pm to pick up another round of supplies. You will notice that this will be requested of our primary students more often than our upper grade. Primary students will tend to have more pickups than upper grades because it is developmentally more appropriate for these students to use pencil, paper, and hand-on activities more often.
Remember, each teacher will email their families to alert them if this "Supply/Materials Distribution" is one you need to attend. If you do not receive an email, then you are not scheduled to pick-up supplies at this time.
Greendell School Materials Walk-Up Instructions
Please drive to Greendell Elementary and follow the steps outlined below:
- Please park your car.
- Please wear a mask.
- Please walk up to the indicated area on the map as "START HERE."
- Please follow the direction of the arrows. It is one-way only.
- Please pick up your child's materials, sorted by teacher, on the table(s) outside the MP Room.
- Please maintain 6ft distance from others at all times.
- Please return to your car once you reach the area indicated on the map as "END HERE" and leave campus.
"Walk-Up" Materials Distribution Dates for the 2020-21 School Year
The Materials Distribution Schedule Pick-up will now occur once a month. Listed below are the future distribution dates to allow families to plan.
- November 20th
- December 11th
- January 15th
- February 12th
- March 19th
- April 23rd
- May 14th
- June 3rd- Last Day of School!
Of course, your classroom teacher might plan for periodic "extra" pick-ups based on the needs of their classroom activities. If this is the case, you will receive an email with directions from your classroom teacher.
Trimester Progress Reports will be available on 11/20
All Progress Reports will be available after 5 pm on Friday in Infinite Campus.
To view the reports in Infinite Campus, please:
- Visit the Parent Portal at id.pausd.org.
- Enter your login credentials.
- Select the Infinite Campus tile.
- Locate "Grades" on the left menu bar.
- If you have multiple children in PAUSD, look for your child's name in the top menu bar in the right corner. Use the drop-down to select the child's progress report you would like to view.
If you need more assistance, please reach out to your child's teacher or submit a Let's Talk help desk ticket.
HOLIDAY TRAVEL GUIDANCE
Holiday Travel Guidance - from the Santa Clara County Department of Public Health. Thank you for considering the following information if it is essential that you make travel plans:
Do I need to quarantine or get tested when I return from traveling outside of the county? Currently, there is no legal requirement that you get tested or quarantine after traveling outside the state or country. However, the COVID-19 virus is still circulating across the region, country, and globe, and if you are returning to Santa Clara County after travel, you should ask yourself the following questions:
- In the areas you visited, were the COVID-19 case rates higher than in Santa Clara County?
- Did you engage in any activities that would increase your risk of exposure? (examples include attending events with people outside your household, having contact with people who are not wearing face coverings, or attending large in-person events.)
If you answered yes to either question, you are strongly encouraged to protect yourself and others in the Santa Clara County community by:
- Reducing your contact with people outside your household for 14 days after returning
- Getting tested during this 14 day period, ideally sometime between four and seven days after your return
- Taking extra care to always wear your face covering when you’re in public
RECOMMENDATIONS FOR KEEPING OUR COMMUNITY SAFE
On Monday, November 9, Health Officers from 10 Bay Area counties issued joint recommendations for staying safe during the holidays. Their recommendations cover gatherings and travel, with recommended steps to reduce risk including:
- Choosing not to travel if non-essential
- Keeping gatherings small, short, stable, and outdoors
- For those who are traveling outside the Bay Area, tips are provided to help avoid catching COVID-19 or spreading it to fellow travelers
- A 14-day self-quarantine is strongly recommended after a return from traveling if your activities while traveling put you at higher risk of COVID-19
For more information, please visit this link.
Reminder! Greendell for Attendance
The attendance email is email@example.com. This is the best way for a parent to report an absence.
The office phone is (650) 856-0833. Voicemails left on this phone number will be forwarded to the Greendell office staff.
FDL What'sApp Group
FDL on Facebook!
Direct Link to your Home elementary site
Herbert Hoover Elementary
Juana Briones Elementary
L.M Nixon Elementary
Palo Verde Elementary
Walter Hays Elementary