Chapel of the Cross Faith & Family
Family Bible time for the week of April 19-April 25
Welcome to Chapel's Faith & Family!
Jesus Appears on the Emmaus Road
Have you ever been really confused about something, maybe a math problem or how to play a game? How does it feel when you finally solve the problem or understand the game? Awesome, right?
In today's Bible account, two followers of Jesus just didn't get it. They didn't understand why Jesus suffered and died in Jerusalem. It took Jesus Himself to help them see and understand what really happened, and what that means for them and all who believe in Jesus!
Bible Lesson: Jesus Appears on the Emmaus Road
- Open your family Bible or a Children's Bible Storybook and read this account together OR
- Read this account using an online Bible (Biblegateway.com) Luke 24:13-35 OR
- Listen to the Bible account being read using the video below.
Talk about it
- How do you think the two followers of Jesus felt at the beginning of the account? Why?
- What did Jesus say to the two followers as He walked with them?
- Why do you think the two ran the seven miles back to Jerusalem that night?
The two on the road to Emmanus were sad and confused. They didn't understand what had happened to Jesus in Jerusalem, and they thought Jesus was dead.
Jesus helped them to see that the Old Testament prophets had written that the Messiah would suffer, die, and rise for the forgiveness of sins for all people.
The two couldn't wait to go and tell Jesus' disciples that they had seen Jesus, and that He was alive! They had to go and share the Good News!
Their eyes were opened, and they recognized [Jesus]. Luke 24:31
Things To Do Together
The Lord's Prayer
Bible Lesson: Concordia Publishing House
Chapel of the Cross--Lutheran
Our Core Values:
- Empowered by the cross of Christ
- People working together
- Opening the Word to all people
- Showing the love of Jesus
- Warm and supportive environment