Finlay & Associates

Finlay & Associates: Taxation

Small Business & Personal Tax Services

· Personal income taxes (Federal & All Provinces)

· Self-employed returns

· Sole proprietorship & partnerships

· Capital gains and investment income

· Rental property income

· Prior year tax returns

· Tax planning & strategies

Corporate services

· T2 Corporate Tax Return Preparation

· Monthly and Quarterly Bookkeeping

· Corporate Year End Preparation

· Financial Statement Preparation

· HST return preparation

· Tax planning & strategies

· Cost reduction strategies for small business

Efile Services available for all returns.

What documents that you may need to file your personal tax return:


· Canada Pension Plan Benefits (T4AP)

· Employment Insurance Benefits (T4E)

· Employment: Year-to-Date Pay Stubs If No T4 Issued (T4)

· Investment Income: Interest, Dividends, Capital Gains (T3 & T5)

· Old Age Security Pension (T4OAS)

· Other Pensions and Annuities (T4A)

· Registered Income Fund Pension Income (T4RIF)

· Registered Retirement Savings Plan Contributions (RRSP)

· Registered Savings Plan Income (T4RSP)

· Social Assistance or Workers Compensation Income (T5007)

· Tuition, Education, Textbook Amounts (T2202A)

· Universal Child Care Benefits (RC62)


· Adoption Expenses

· Automobile Expenses

· Carrying Charges

· Charitable Donations (up to 5 years)

· Child Care Expenses

· Child or Spousal Support

· Children’s Fitness Receipts

· Home Renovation Receipts

· Interest Paid on Student Loans

· Interest paid to Earn Investment Income

· Medical Expenses (e.g., dental, prescriptions, eyewear, doctors fees, med insurance premiums)

· Moving Expenses

· Political Contributions

· Public Transit Receipts

· Rent or Property Taxes

· Safety Deposit Box Fees

· Tool expenses for Tradespersons

· Travel Expenses

· Union Dues or Professional Fees

· Workspace-in-Home Expenses

Other Documents That May Be Required:

· Business or Professional Income and Expenses

· Canada Revenue Agency Notices, Letters, Correspondence

· Claim for Meals and Lodging (signed by employer) (TL2)

· Court Order or Separation Agreement

· Declaration of Conditions of Employment (filled out and signed by employer) (T2200)

· Details of Purchases and Sale of Investments (stocks, bonds) or Real Estate

· Disability Tax Credit Certificate (filled out by physician) (T2201)

· Northern Residence Deduction Particulars

· Notice of Assessment and Re-Assessment for Last Year

· Rental Property Income and Expenses