A Look Ahead
May 15th to 20th, 2016
16-17 Schedule (Specials, Recess, Lunch, PLC's)
Please click here for the 16-17 schedule. Special thanks to Wendy Schwengel, Marisa Nathan, Katy Miller, Mark McBride, Coach Maddy, Coach Jenna, and Bob for their help in developing this schedule.
1. The 16-17 schedule eliminates the rolling recess. This aligns with Playworks programming best practices.
2. Specials will begin at 8:50 am. This will give students additional time to complete beginning of the day activities.
3. 5 minute transition period between each recess. ( This would allow for JR Coach check in, transitions, additional time in lunch line, etc.)
4. 5 minute transitions between specials. We currently have an overlap with the special schedule.
1. Combined Grade Level Recess/Lunches: Planning for longer lunch line. Efficiency with food vendor needs to improve.
2. Assigned seats in lunchroom for behavior management.
Be sure to click on this banner to check out the Coaches Corner for important information including important due dates and deadlines.
2016-17 Learning Plan Proposals
As you begin to navigate student learning structures for the 2016-17 school year, think about the possibilities for next year. Please take some time with your future team members and discuss and answer the following questions as a grade level team including a member of the special education team.
Due: May 25, 2016
Yearbook Distribution May 20th
Student yearbooks are available for pick up in the office. Please see Lori before taking them. All yearbooks should be given to students on Friday, May 20th. Please have students write their name in the front cover with a pen.
Please inform students that they will be allowed to bring their yearbooks back to school on the last for signatures.
5th Grade Celebration
On June 8th at 3:10 we ask that you and your class line the halls to cheer and clap our 5th graders to celebrate their accomplishment at Hadfield.
At 3:15, fifth grade will start to walk the hall starting in the 4/5th grade all. They will walk down the 2nd and 3rd grade hall, down the stairs through the
1st grade hallway and through the Kindergarten hall. They will exit out the playground doors by room 149.
As they are leaving the 5th grade teachers and Mr. Blessington will be handing them a book and wishing them luck. There will be an invite sent out to guardians to share in this event. As the event gets closer Aubrey will send out a map of where to line up.
Please let Silvia, Ryan or Aubrey know if you have any questions.
#shachat SLOOOWWW Chat May 15-22
Back by popular demand!
What: It's #shachat but with a twist.
We are going to SLOOOWWW it down in the form of a Slow Chat
Not sure what a Slow Chat is all about?
One district tech coordinator describes the thinking behind a 'slow
**For our purposes, we will have a week-long slow chat around the question below**
Who: All SDW Admins., Teachers, Coaches, Coordinators, Leaders & STUDENTS!! Yes, that's right. Encourage your students to get in on the convo. If your students aren't on Twitter, ask students to write their answers to the question, post them on a large post-it, & snap a photo to upload and tweet out! Everyone is encouraged to have a voice and share.
When: This slow chat will last from May 15-22. That's right. A whole week should give plenty of time to reflect and compose a single Tweet, or more if you wish!
How: Log on to Twitter.com, click on Tweet, and type your <140-character answer saving room for #shachat at the end of your tweet to keep our conversation together. Add a photo or short video if you have space to make your tweet come alive!
Remember, it's up to us to celebrate and call attention to all the positives happening in our schools, classrooms and in our district!
So, we kindly request that you please share with all staff and students at your site! Encourage them all this week leading up to the weekend to share out next week, May 15-22 via Twitter. We anticipate 'seeing' many wonderful examples Pre-K -12 of leading, teaching and learning celebrations and accomplishments during the 2015-2016 school year.
Sharin Tebo & Kathy Miller
teaming together as your co-moderators of #shachat
Preparing for your EEP Conference
As you prepare for your end of the year conference, with Bob, Michelle or Paula I wanted to provide a couple of reminders
1. Please double check your links in your artifact collector that they are shared with "anyone with the link can view."
2. I am resharing this document, "Possible Artifacts for Danielson Domains 1 and 4." Provided in the document are examples of high leverage artifacts that you could use. http://dpi.wi.gov/sites/default/files/imce/ee/modules/step4_MoY/TeacherArtifacts.pdf
3. As you are completing your artifact collector, please double check to make sure there is alignment with the artifacts and each specific component. Your artifact needs to fit with the component!
Capital Improvement Projects: Summer 2016
As you may know, Hadfield will be receiving a new interior paint job and carpet in classrooms this summer.
Below are some guidelines from the service building and Marcus as we get ready for this remodeling.
1. Shelves need to be cleared, especially near the dividing walls. Materials can be placed on the countertops or boxed.
2. Everything from bulletin boards to removed, including dividing walls, as they will need to be moved to allow for a proper painting job.
3. As you prepare for 2016-17, do not block walls with furniture.
4. Boxes: Please let alert the custodial staff for boxes that you may need.
5. Items should not be moved to the basement.
6. Remove all tape, staples, posters, signs, etc. from classroom walls.
7. Marcus will communicate VIA email as rooms are completed this summer
School Supplies 2016-2017
It's time to think about school supplies for 2016-2017. As a grade level team, please look at last years supply list and email Lori any changes.
Kindergarten: Lori will update your list with your most recent changes.
Lists are due June 2nd, 2016.
Hadfield "Paw Prints"
Stay Updated and Connected
Please refer to the Hadfield School and Facilities google calendar. This is the calendar that you should reference for a complete listing all school events and meetings.
5/18/2016, PBIS Monthly Meeting, 7:40 a.m.
5/18/2016 Vanguard Meeting, 4 p.m. to 5 p.m.
5/18/2016, Fire Safety House - 1st Grade, 9:00am - 2:00pm
5/18/2016 to 5/20/2016 Benefits Meetings, Room 139
5/19/2016 Spirit Day - Favorite Team Sports Gear
5/20/2016 Milwaukee County Zoo Field Trip, K-3rd, 8:45 a.m. to 3:00 p.m.
5/25/2016 Learning Proposals Due
5/25/2016 Milwaukee Art Museum - 4th & 5th Grade, 9:00 a.m. - 12:30 p.m.
5/27/2016 Last day of Grade Level PLC's
5/27/2016 Monthly Awards Assembly, 10:00 a.m.
5/30/2016 Memorial Day, no school
6/3/2016 Kindergarten Celebration, 2 p.m. to 3 p.m.
6/6/2016 End of the Year Acknowledgment Event (postponed to 2017)
6/7/2016 Field Day and 5th Grade VIP Lunch (new date)
6/8/2016 Field Day (Rain Date)
6/8/2016 Kindergarten Field Trip
6/8/2016 5th Grade Send Off, 3:10 p.m. to 3:30 p.m.
6/8/2016 Last Day of Classes
6/9/2016 Teacher Work Day
6/20 to 6/22 Building Leadership Team @SAIL
Shout Outs. #1Hadfield
Shout out to all the SPED staff for the work they do everyday! They are always working hard to overcome obstacles and make sure that their kiddos needs are being met! -Katy
SHOUT OUT again to the treat fairy, you made teacher appreciation week extra magical -
SHOUT OUT to Ann and Chèle for your continued perseverance and dedication- you don't know how much you're appreciated -Nicool
SHOUT OUT to there being 17 days left!!! -Nicool
Barnes was once again showcasing her awesomeness by allowing a student to look at spiders, an animal she detests, during art. This student was so happy that he got to look at his favorite animal. -Chele
Katy Miller had the best review activity: movement and student led. Heard a lot of great discussion on musical terms. -Chele
McBride was rocking the small group lesson for art terms. Students were engaged. -Chele
To the snack Fairies! -Pracki
Shout out to Paula and Marisa (and Emily!) for the streamlined language planning tips. -Kara
Shout out to Rueck! Did you know that he created all of those MAPS goal setting sheets for our students? Thank you for coordinating this goal setting as well as the tokens! -Kara
Shout out to Goldapske and Young! Way to go with our Robotics team! -Kara
A 'Shout Out!' to Suzanne Barnes who did a great job of facilitating the individual learning of a student in art. - Mark
A 'Shout Out!' to Lori for all of her help in organizing the Milwaukee Art Museum Field Trip and to the 4th and 5th grade teachers who joined us at the planning meeting for the trip.