Latta's Nautical News
September 24, 2013
Math: We will begin multiplication this week and will continue with it over the next couple weeks. The best thing you can do at home is help your child memorize their facts 0-12.
Topic 5 in the Pearson Math Text Book covers multiplication and offers good practice. All students should have brought home their login information!
Science: We will be alternating science and social studies. We will do 2 weeks of science then 2 weeks of social studies. This will give us an opportunity to go deeper with our science and social studies topics. The next 2 weeks will be science. We are beginning to learn about animals and how they are classified. We will start this week with invertebrates in vertebrates.
Important Academic Dates
- Tuesday and Wednesday September 23-25 Salt Dough Project Begins
- Wednesday September 25th-Stone Fox Comprehension Quiz Chapters 1-5 Open book Quiz
- Friday September 27th-Short Multiplicaton Quiz covering the concepts we have learned so far
- Wednesday October 2nd-Invertebrates/Vertebrates Quiz
- Thursday October 3rd-Stone Fox Cumulative Vocabulary Test- This will be an open book, open notes test. Not every word will be tested, just a select few.
- Friday October 4th-Stone Fox Final Cumulative Test
- October 6th-TCE Carnival
- Please return the HAC form that was inside the report card envelope if you are having trouble logging in.
- Monday Sept. 23:Nothing
- Tuesday: P.E.
- Wednesday: Art
- Thursday: P.E.
- Friday Sep. 27: Nothing