Next steps for Nepal!
When booking your flights, please book from your departure city to Kathmandu, NOT Pokhara. We will travel as a team to Pokhara. The flights to and from Pokhara have already been included in your trip cost. You will need to pay for your flights to and from Kathmandu.
Where to be when
- December 6: Depart from the US
- December 8: Arrive in Kathmandu, Nepal in the afternoon
- December 9: Fly as a team from Kathmandu to Pokhara
- December 20: Fly as a team from Pokhara to Kathmandu
- December 21: Depart from Kathmandu, Nepal to the US
- December 22: Arrive in the US
You are more than welcome to travel the region, or elsewhere, before or after the trip. Please just be sure to meet us in Kathmandu on Dec 8th.
Trip cost & payment schedule
The cost of the trip is $2,260
- THE TOTAL AMOUNT IS DUE 45 DAYS PRIOR TO DEPARTURE – OCTOBER 21, 2013.
- Please check out the payment policies and procedures before submitting any funds.
Some of you have done an incredible job fundraising! Nice work! I encourage everyone to try.
- If you haven't already, please create a fundraising web page to help pay for the trip and get others involved!
- Here are instructions for the web page and a fundraising guide.
- Our GV Event Code is GV14331. You will need the event code and your Habitat ID number to set up a fundraising web page.
Airfare to/from Kathmandu is not included in the trip cost and cannot be fundraised for through your Habitat web page.
- Please email a copy of your passport photo page to me as soon as possible.
- I will submit a copy to Habitat for Humanity International Global Village.
- I will also have a copy with me in Nepal for risk-management purposes.
- Please make a copy for yourself to take to Nepal, as well.
- For international travel, you will need a current passport that is valid for 6 months beyond your travel dates.
- Processing times from the U.S. Passport Service can be lengthy.
- Habitat recommends applying as much as 20 weeks prior for passport applications (both new and renewal)
- Please seriously consider expedited service when applying for passports if you do not currently have one that is valid.
- For more information can be found online regarding passport processing times.
- A visa is required to visit Nepal.
- If you will only be in Nepal for the Habitat trip, arriving Dec 8 and leaving Dec 21, you can get a 15 day visa for $25.
- You can purchase a visa at the airport in Kathmandu.
- If you choose to get a visa in Kathmandu, please fill out this form and bring it with you, along with 2 passport photos.
- You may also apply for a visa before the trip. Please find that information here.
- Habitat recommends that everyone has a tetanus shot.
- For more information on necessary shots and medical information, please go to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention website and visit a local travel clinic.
- If you have asthma or use inhalers, please bring them with you. The air quality in Kathmandu may be difficult for some to adjust to otherwise.
You are all wonderful people! Help us get to know you a little bit before we meet in Nepal. Please send me a short autobiography (2 - 5 sentences) that we can share with the team.