Ridgeview STEM Junior High School
May 14, 2021
From Mrs. Richardson
Hello Ridgeview families,
As we prepare for the last week of the 2020-2021 school year, it is hard to believe we are finally here. Please see next Friday's newsletter for our award ceremony videos where we will highlight our students who have achieved amazing things this year. As we wrap this final week, we will continue to encourage students to make good choices, complete their last bit of work and continue to make kind connections with their peers!
Last Day of School-May 21
Early Release Friday, May 21st!
Here's a treat to get your summer started a little early — there will be an early release on the last day of school, Friday May, 21st!
- AM Kindergarten — 11AM
- PM Kindergarten will begin at 11:50 AM on a 2-hour early release
- Junior highs — 12:10 PM
- High schools — 12:55 PM
- Middle schools — 1:30 PM
- Elementary schools — 2:05 PM
Fall 2021 Final Forms Registration for sports will open mid June.
Fall Cross Country:
If you are interested in girls or boys cross country (junior high or high school) please join us at the summer send off on May 17th at 6pm behind the field house at Central to meet your coaches and get information about summer conditioning and signing up for the fall season.
SEE INFO BELOW ABOUT VOLLEYBALL YOUTH CAMP, BOYS GOLF, LADIES GOLF AND SPRING WRESTLING OPEN MATS
From the Nurse
- If your child is absent from school for reasons due to Covid-19, please be sure to call the School Nurse as soon as possible. This is very important when recording absences and tracking Covid-19 cases in the school building.
PROPER PROTOCOL IF YOUR STUDENT FEELS ILL AT SCHOOL
- Student informs teacher he/she does not feel well.
- Teacher calls the clinic to ensure the staff is available to see the student.
- Student goes to clinic and gets checked out.
- If necessary, the clinic staff calls home to have student picked up.
- Parent comes to main door with cell phone (to complete virtual sign-out form) and driver's license.
- Clinic staff escorts student out to parent and provides follow up information.
IF YOUR STUDENT EMAILS, TEXTS, OR USES A SMART WATCH TO CONTACT YOU ASKING TO BE PICKED UP, PLEASE REMIND THEM OF THIS PROTOCOL. We need to follow this procedure to ensure all safety measures from the Health Department are being followed.
GUIDANCE IF YOUR CHILD HAS COVID-19 SYMPTOMS:
PTO is looking for new officers
The PTO is currently looking for new officers for next school year. We have President, Accounts Receivable and Accounts Payable positions available. If you are interested or know someone who may be coming up from the middle school that is interested, please feel free to contact Jennifer Sander firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
Odds and Ends
JUST SOME REMINDERS:
- Students should leave airpods/beats or other bluetooth devices such as those at home.
- Students should carry a spare mask in their bag. We have extras if the mask gets soiled as well.
- Students are reminded to turn cell phones off during the day and keep them in a safe place if they need to bring them to school. The district policy for K-8th grade is to have them off during school hours. We appreciate your support in this. If you need to reach your student, please contact the main office and we will have them come down to the office to call you.
- Students should bring a refillable water bottle to school as our water fountain mouth pieces have been turned off. We have bottle filling stations that they may use throughout the day. Students may also purchase a bottle of water through our vending machines for $1.25.
- Please see the bottom of the newsletter for links to: Weekly Classroom Information, Parent Hub, Technology Troubleshooting
Click here to see the Teacher Team Websites, Athletic Website, Parent University and so much more. USE THIS AS A ONE STOP INFORMATION HUB