Lake Air Montessori Monday Memo
May 30, 2016 - The Final Memo of the Year
It's the last week of school & Wet & Wild Days are here!!
Be Peace, Teach Peace
As the 2015-2016 school year comes to an end, I would like to express my gratitude and appreciation to all of our students, staff, family, and community members, who have supported LAMM. We have experienced so many defining, special moments, and accomplishments. With your continued support, we will not only keep improving, but accomplish beyond expectations. We have already begun planning for the 2016-2017 school year, and are very excited for things to come. I hope that everyone has a restful, safe, and enjoyable Summer. We can't wait to see you back on August 22nd!
Stephanie Tankersley, Principal
Wet & Wild Update!!
Wet & Wild Information
Tuesday May 31st– Primary and Elementary classes
- Students will go to the Inflatables as soon as they are done with lunch
- We will not have any games or activities in the morning
- Students will be allowed to stay outside until their classroom teacher has designated a time for them to go inside
- Students can wear swimsuits but they must be covered at all times with t shirt and shorts – shorts can be athletic or stretchy – please no blue jean shorts or shorts with buttons – flip flops are allowed but any type of shoe will be okay because they will have to take them off and leave with their teacher – I suggest no socks
- A towel is needed and should be labeled – caps are okay as well
- Teachers are not allowed to apply sunscreen -- this must be done at home or if you are going to be here you can bring it and do it yourself
- Students can bring water bottles – those also need to be labeled with name
Wednesday June 1st– Intermediate and Middle School classes
Students will be allowed to come out at 8:15 that morning and can stay as late as 11:15 or when their teacher designates a time for them to come in – above info about dress, shoes, towels etc. are the same for these students as well.
This is an early release day and all students will need to be picked up by 12:00
Please call the school if you have any questions
Thank you, Coach Pierce and Coach Freeman
A reminder from Nurse Jan
Please be sure to follow our Facebook & Twitter throughout the summer for updates!
This is it!!
Monday, May 30th
- School Holiday-Memorial Day
Tuesday, May 31st
- Wet & Wild Day (PK-3rd grade)
- GCAP Chipotle Night (eat at Chipotle to support the GCAP students' fundraising efforts)
Wednesday, June 1st
- Wet & Wild Day (4th-8th grade)
- Last Day of School (1/2 day)-Students released at noon
- Yeargan's class party at 9:30am
Thanks for a Great Year!!
EdCampHOT Registration is now open!!
EdcampHOT is a FREE eduevent that you don't want to miss. It will be an opportunity to share and learn about some of the exciting and innovative strategies that are being used in classrooms today. If you would like to know more about edcamps and what they are all about, check out this video...https://youtu.be/gr7teMAk-hA.
Doors will open at 7:30 am and breakfast will be available.
Hope to see you there!
WHEN: Wednesday, July 27, 2016 from 8:00 AM to 3:30 PM (CDT)
WHERE: Midway High School - 8200 Mars Drive, Waco, TX 76712