Volume 12 Issue 10 May 7, 2018
May 7th-AP Chemistry Exam @8:00 am
May 7th-AP Psychology Exam @12:00 noon
May 8th-AP Spanish Exam @8:00 am
May 8th-On Demand Test for ALL Juniors in English Hallway
May 8th-AP Physics Exam @12:00 noon
May 9th-AP Literature Exam @8:00 am
May 9th-Faculty Meeting
May 10th-AP Gov Exam @8:00 am
May 10th-AP Environmental Exam @12:00 noon
May 11th-AP US History Exam @8:00 am
May 11th-AP Computer Science Principles Exam @12:00 noon
May 11th-Copies of Final Exams Due to Evaluating Principals
May 14th-AP Biology & AP Music Theory Exams@8:00 am
May 14th-SWHS Jazz Ensemble Spring Concert @ 7:00 pm
May 15th-AP Calculus Exam @8:00 am
May 16th-AP English Language Exam @8:00 am
May 17th-AP Statistics Exam @ 12:00 noon
May 18th-AP Human Geography Exam @8:00 am
May 18th-Deadline for Senior Final Exams & Senior Grades Posted in IC
May 18th-Names of Seniors that owe books/calcs/fees to Mr. Cress/Mrs. Reed
May 18th-AP European History Exam @12:00 noon
May 22nd-No School (Election Day)
Summer PD--Win Win Discipline is scheduled for August 2nd. See registration instructions at the bottom of the newsletter.
On Demand Writing
This testing extends slightly into 3rd, so juniors will be arriving to their 3rd block classes a little late. Please allow them to eat lunch if your class has already gone. If students return to your class before they are supposed to eat lunch, just keep them until your regularly scheduled lunch time. There will be no announcements made during testing. The AP Spanish Exam is also going on at the same time, so please make sure you know where you should be if displaced from your classroom or covering students from testing teachers' classrooms. Refer to the schedule sent by Mischa Brainard for questions. There will be posters in the hallway for students to reference that morning as well.
Class of 2018 Dates to Know
- May 18th-Senior Final Exams Deadline
- May 18th-Senior Grades Posted in IC (notify Teresa Reed of any possible issues with senior grades)
- May 18th-Names of ANY seniors that still owe for books, calculators, or any other unpaid fees to Mr. Cress/Mrs. Reed
- May 23rd-Senior Cap and Gown Picture/Graduation Walk/Graduation Rehearsal with Lunch to follow
- May 23rd-Baccalaureate @ 6:00 Beacon Hill Baptist Church
- May 25th-Graduation @7:00 pm in the Gym
- May 25th-Project Graduation 11:00 pm - 5:00 am
Those faculty that are senior sponsors need to see Mrs. Reed in guidance to help out with graduation and/or Project Graduation. ALL faculty are encouraged to participate in both graduation and Project Graduation.
There will be no bells during this 2 week period. Schedules from Doug Grider and John Hargis were sent that gave instructions about the daily test schedule and which rooms are used for testing and also where displaced teachers should go.
Summer PD for ALL Teachers
Win-Win Discipline is mandatory for all teachers this summer (July 30-Aug 3). SWHS has a specified date scheduled on August 2nd, but if there is a conflict with that date, please register for another day that week with another school.
Follow these steps to register for any district PD offerings:
- Go to the District website www.pulaski.net
- Click on the Calendar Tab, then select Professional Development Calendar
- Change the month and date to the date of the training (For summer Win Win Discipline through Kagan, change to August 2nd)
- Click on the title of the training and then follow the instructions to register
If you register for any other professional development the district offers and are unable to attend for some reason, please be sure to cancel your registration. Some offerings have a limited number of seats available, so please be considerate of those who might be waiting to attend.