The Lion's Den
Lemira Elementary School: September 6 - 10, 2021
August "Authors of the Month" for grades PreK - 2nd
"ROAR" winners for showing positive behavior
Please Register for Virtual Open House by 9/15
Please Register for Virtual Open House by 9/15 so that you may receive the Opening Meeting link, and so we can have an accurate account of participants.
Parent and Community Weekly Updates: September 6th - 10th
September has arrived, and we are steadily making progress towards the goals we have in place. With your support, we will continue to grow and achieve.
September Calendar Dates
9/6: Labor Day - No School
9/10: School Spirit Day (Lemira shirt or School Colors of Blue or White)
9/13: Picture Day - Uniforms are still required
9/16: Interim Reports
9/20 Virtual Open House - Please register online for the meeting link
9/24: College Awareness Sprit Day
10/4: Virtual Fall Parent University
FALL Testing Dates
9/8 - 9/10: Fall MAP Testing for grades 2nd - 5th
9/13 - 9/17: Fall MAP testing for grades Kind - 1st
1. SCREADY and SCPASS Score Reports for students in grades 4th and 5th will be sent home in students' blue communication folder this week. The report will explain students' test scores from the 2020-2021 school year.
2. MAP Testing: In order to properly engage students' learning levels, Fall MAP testing will begin September 8th - 17th.
- Please encourage your learner to give his/her best.
- Please make sure your learner receives plenty of rest.
- Please encourage your learner to eat a healthy breakfast.
- After your learner tests, please speak with him/her about their score and goals for the next testing session in the Winter (Dec/Jan timeframe).
- The results from the MAP assessment will be used to plan personalized learning for your learner, and will also be used to provide a customized curriculum in the school's enrichment program, EXACT Path for Reading and Math.
3. School Spirit Day: Spirit Day will occur on the 2nd and 4th Friday of each month.
- On the 2nd Friday of the month, students are encouraged to wear their "School T-shirts" or "School Colors of blue or white" with their uniform pants.
- On the 4th Friday of the month, students are encouraged to wear a "College" shirt with their uniform pants.
4. Pictures: Order forms have been placed in students' blue communication/hmwk folder.
5. Virtual Open House: Virtual Open House will occur 9/20/21 at 6:30pm. You will be able to meet your learner's teacher and learn about his/her curriculum and classroom expectations.
- In order to attend, please register by clicking on the link provided below. An email will be sent to the registered email address closer to the date.
- Registration Link: https://forms.gle/p9gvXnFDajCWCMJa9
6. The PBIS store will be opening up for students starting this week. Students will have the opportunity to collect ROAR paws for demonstrating excellent behavior. Dr Loney, our behavioral interventionist, has provided a PBIS newsletter for you.
7. If you are interested in serving on our school's School Improvement Council (SIC) or Parent Teacher Organization (PTO), please complete the form. We would love to have you onboard.
8. Fall Parent University will occur 10/4. Parents will be given the opportunity to learn about the school's initiatives, Title I , and more. As we make plans for the event, we would love your feedback on topics you would like to learn more about.
Feedback Link: https://forms.gle/KXEJx3jjGbcob2Rj7
9. Attendance: Attendance is a priority at Lemira. We encourage our learners to be present with us from the start of the bell to dismissal so that they don't miss any instructional time.
- Please make sure students are present by 7:30am, which is the start of instruction.
- If a student is tardy (after the 7:30am bell), a parent / guardian must come in the building to sign the student in.
- If the child is dismissed early, a parent/guardian must sign the child out. The child will be called to the front office once the parent/guardian arrives, and signs the student out with a verified ID.
10. Car Dismissal: For safety reasons, students will be released to parents who have an assigned number in the "Car Pick Up" line, or verification that the child can be released to another driver.
11. Change in Transportation: If there is a change in transportation, please notify the teacher or front office in writing. We do request in writing for safety reasons.
We thank you for your continued support of Lemira's initiatives. It truly takes a village, and we are so glad you are a part of it!
Roaring with Lion Pride,
Mrs. Stephanie Gregg, ED.S
Proud Principal of Lemira Elementary School