Lighthouse in January
Fasting in January to start the year
We are calling a 21-day fast in January to start 2016 by seeking God’s face. Be sure to take home a fasting sheet which will help us stay focused over the course of the fast. You can choose the twenty-one days that work best for your January schedule. The daily Bible study will be available again for folks who are interested.
Biblical fasts can take several forms from total abstinence from food to the elimination of certain foods from the diet. Fasts can also deal with behaviors and habits. Be sure to pick up a Fasting Worksheet to help you set some goals and let’s believe God as we practice this basic Christian discipline this month.
Be sure to decide:
- ·The type of fast you are committing to.
- The dates that work in your schedule.
- Who can help hold you accountable.
We are also encouraging everyone - young and old - to pray the Lord's prayer each day for 21 days. It is a daily prayer given to us from Christ Himself; what an awesome way to begin the new year.
Fasting changes us! Let’s join in prayer and fasting as we enter 2016.
Mardi Gras is coming...
The month of January the Crew will be hitting the “fake” bowling lanes at the church earning points towards a “real” bowling and ice cream party in February. Bowling score cards will track track their progress. We expect a good time as we gear back up for the second half of the school year at Crew. See you at the bowling alley!
Giving in 2015
- $800 to the Todd Becker Foundation. http://toddbecker.org/
- $700 to Voice of the Martyrs. http://www.persecution.com/
- $3590 to Metro Ministries http://www.metroworldchild.org/ (which has the world's largest Sunday School program).
- $1500 to various other ministries.
- $2380 to Compassion International to support five children around the world. http://compassion.com/