The Hub @ NGC Weekly Newsletter
October 19, 2015
Startling Facts About Reading
- Older students read much less than younger students.
- Teen reading scores have not seen the growth seen in younger ages.
- Minority students score much lower on reading tests.
- Girls read more and and score higher than their male peers.
So what can we do? Engage them with great reading options! Encourage them to read more! Be reading role models! Every little bit helps!
For more ideas, check the article below:
New Arrivals in The Hub @ NGC
App of the Week - Free Books
* Public Domain - works published before 1978 come into the public domain after 95 years. Works published after 1978 come into the public domain 70 years after the author's death.