DMS & Echo Guide
Trocaire College Libraries
Research Databases: Journal Articles and Images
The library subscribes to dozens of databases for you to access for your research needs. The complete list of our databases and more are available in the Resources section of the library website.
When prompted to log-in to access a database, the username and password are same as your e-mail login credentials
Articles not available in full-text can be requested through Interlibrary Loan.
EBSCO is one of the providers of the library's databases. EBSCO has a collection of different databases that are useful for DMS/ECHO research:
Click here to link to an in-depth guide to searching EBSCOhost.
Citation Tips for EBSCO databases
Look for the Tools on the right side of the window. Click the page icon. Select the citation style needed. Copy and paste the citation to your paper.
Please be aware that the information in your citation may be correct but the format of the citation may be incorrect. If you need help setting up a citation or reference page, check out the library's Citation Help page or contact a librarian
ProQuest is another database provider and has two options useful for DMS/ECHO research:
- ProQuest Central is a large collection of scholarly and popular articles in a broad range of subjects
- ProQuest Nursing & Allied Health offers scholarly articles for nursing and allied health education.
Citation Tips for ProQuest:
Click on the Cite icon to open the citation options in ProQuest. Select the citation style needed. Copy and paste the citation for your paper.
Please be aware that the information in your citation may be correct but the format of the citation may be incorrect. If you need help setting up a citation or reference page, check out the library's Citation Help page or contact a librarian.
Other useful databases for DMS/ECHO research
Open Access Resources
Open Access (OA) resources are professional journals and ebooks freely available online. Many OA journals are peer-reviewed.
Undergraduate Diagnostic Imaging Fundamentals
The library has many of the required textbooks for the DMS/ECHO program's courses.
- Adult Echocardiography Review:a Q&A Review for the ARDMS Adult Echocardiography Exam - RES-DMS/ECHO RC683.5.U5 E244 2018
- Callen's Ultrasonography in Obstetrics and Gynecology -
- Clinical Sonography -
RES-DMS/ECHO RC78.7.U4 C585 2016
- Craig's Essentials of Sonography and Patient Care - RES-DMS/ECHO RC78.7.U4 C68 2018
- Diagnostic Medical Sonography: Abdomen and Superficial Structures -
- Echocardiography: The Normal Examination and Echocardiographic Measurements - RES-DMS/ECHO RC683.5.U5 A5 2017
- The Echocardiographer's Pocket Reference -
- Feigenbaum's Echocardiography -
RES-DMS/ECHO RC683.5.U53 F44 2010
- Feigenbaum's Echocardiography-
- Introduction to Normal Structure and Function- RES-DMS/ECHO RC78.7.U4 C937 2016
- Legal and Ethical Issues for Health Professions -
- Practice of Clinical Echocardiography - RES-DMS/ECHO RC683.5 .U5 C57 2017
- Introduction to Vascular Ultrasonography -
RES DMS/ECHO RC691.6.U47 I57 2020
- Introduction to Vascular Ultrasonography (eBook) - ebook RC691.6.U47 I58 2020
- Moss and Adams' Heart Disease in Infants, Children, and Adolescents (2 copies) -
RES-DMS/ECHO RJ421 .H38 2016
- Ob/Gyn Sonography - RES-DMS/ECHO RG527.5.U48 D4 2016
- Ob/Gyn Sonography Review: a Q&A Review for the ARDMS Obstetrics and Gynecology Exam -
- Sonography Exam Review: physics, abdomen, obstetrics, and gynecology -
RES-DMS/ECHO RC78.7.U4 O96 2019
- Sonography Scanning: Principles and Protocols - RES-DMS/ECHO RC78.7.U4 T467 2015
- Understanding Ultrasound Physics -
RES-DMS/ECHO RC78.7.U4 E34 2012
Newer Circulating Books*
- Echo Made Easy - RC683.5.E5 K33 2016
- Questions, tricks, and tips for the echocardiography boards-
RC683.5.U5 Q47 2020
- Secrets of the ARDMS adult echocardiography exam : unofficial ARDMS test review for the American Registry for Diagnostic Medical Sonography exam -
RC78.7.U4 S43 2013
- Sonography : Principles and instruments -
RC78.7.U4 K745 2021
- Ultrasound in Subfertility: Routine Applications and Diagnostic - RC889 .U487 2019
*Circulating books may be checked out for 28 days with a valid Trocaire ID.
Jase: Journal of the American Society of Echocardiography – Library owns print copies from Feb. 2014-Nov. 2018 - Indexed in CINAHL
Journal of Diagnostic Medical Sonography – Library owns print copies from Sept./Oct 2013-Sept./Oct 2018 - Indexed in Cinahl
**Circulating journals may be checked out for 7 days with a valid Trocaire ID.
eBook titles owned by the library have a direct link in the catalog.
*eBook Clinical Collection from EBSCO and eBooks from EBSCOhost can be downloaded using Adobe Digital Editions.
Mobile devices may also need Bluefire Reader.
Diagnostic Ultrasound: Physics and Equipment
Emergency Point-of-Care Ultrasound
Essentials of Abdomino-Pelvic Sonography
Introduction to Research and Medical Literature for Health Professionals
Atlas of Human Body Ultrasound Scanning: Methods and Diagnostic Applications
Streaming videos have a direct link in the catalog.
You can also access the videos through the Films on Demand database.
- Gulfcoast Ultrasound Institute (Echo and DMS series) – DVDs
- The Medical Imaging Revolution (Films on Demand)
- The Physics of Medical Imaging (Films on Demand)
American Registry for Diagnostic Medical Sonography (ARDMS)
National certification board for sonographers for the RDMS, RDCS and other certifications
American Society of Echocardiology
Guidelines and Standards for cardiac sonographers
Society of Diagnostic Medical Sonography (SDMS)
National organization for sonographers and certification of the NCER test
Blog maintained by Gulfcoast Ultrasound Institute on the latest sonography trends and tips