DMS & Echo Guide
Trocaire College Libraries
Research Databases: Journal Articles and Images
When prompted to log-in to access a database, the username and password are same as your e-mail login credentials
Articles not available in full-text can be requested through Interlibrary Loan.
Citation Tips for EBSCO databases
Look for the Tools on the right side of the window. Click the page icon. Select the citation style needed. Copy and paste the citation to your paper.
Please be aware that the information in your citation may be correct but the format of the citation may be incorrect. If you need help setting up a citation or reference page, check out the library's Citation Help page or contact a librarian
Citation Tips for ProQuest:
Click on the Cite icon to open the citation options in ProQuest. Select the citation style needed. Copy and paste the citation for your paper.
Please be aware that the information in your citation may be correct but the format of the citation may be incorrect. If you need help setting up a citation or reference page, check out the library's Citation Help page or contact a librarian.
The library has many of the required textbooks for the DMS/ECHO program's courses.
- Adult Echocardiography Review:a Q&A Review for the ARDMS Adult Echocardiography Exam - RES-DMS/ECHO RC683.5.U5 E244 2018
- Callen's Ultrasonography in Obstetrics and Gynecology -
- Clinical Sonography -
RES-DMS/ECHO RC78.7.U4 C585 2016
- Craig's Essentials of Sonography and Patient Care - RES-DMS/ECHO RC78.7.U4 C68 2018
- Diagnostic Medical Sonography: Abdomen and Superficial Structures -
- Echocardiography: The Normal Examination and Echocardiographic Measurements - RES-DMS/ECHO RC683.5.U5 A5 2017
- The Echocardiographer's Pocket Reference -
- Feigenbaum's Echocardiography -
RES-DMS/ECHO RC683.5.U53 F44 2010
- Feigenbaum's Echocardiography-
- Introduction to Normal Structure and Function- RES-DMS/ECHO RC78.7.U4 C937 2016
- Legal and Ethical Issues for Health Professions -
- Practice of Clinical Echocardiography - RES-DMS/ECHO RC683.5 .U5 C57 2017
- Introduction to Vascular Ultrasonography -
RES DMS/ECHO RC691.6.U47 I57 2020
- Introduction to Vascular Ultrasonography (eBook) - ebook RC691.6.U47 I58 2020
- Moss and Adams' Heart Disease in Infants, Children, and Adolescents (2 copies) -
RES-DMS/ECHO RJ421 .H38 2016
- Ob/Gyn Sonography - RES-DMS/ECHO RG527.5.U48 D4 2016
- Ob/Gyn Sonography Review: a Q&A Review for the ARDMS Obstetrics and Gynecology Exam -
- Sonography Exam Review: physics, abdomen, obstetrics, and gynecology -
RES-DMS/ECHO RC78.7.U4 O96 2019
- Sonography Scanning: Principles and Protocols - RES-DMS/ECHO RC78.7.U4 T467 2015
- Understanding Ultrasound Physics -
RES-DMS/ECHO RC78.7.U4 E34 2012
Newer Circulating Books*
- Echo Made Easy - RC683.5.E5 K33 2016
- Questions, tricks, and tips for the echocardiography boards-
RC683.5.U5 Q47 2020
- Secrets of the ARDMS adult echocardiography exam : unofficial ARDMS test review for the American Registry for Diagnostic Medical Sonography exam -
RC78.7.U4 S43 2013
- Sonography : Principles and instruments -
RC78.7.U4 K745 2021
- Ultrasound in Subfertility: Routine Applications and Diagnostic - RC889 .U487 2019
*Circulating books may be checked out for 28 days with a valid Trocaire ID.
Jase: Journal of the American Society of Echocardiography – Library owns print copies from Feb. 2014-Nov. 2018 - Indexed in CINAHL
**Circulating journals may be checked out for 7 days with a valid Trocaire ID.
American Registry for Diagnostic Medical Sonography (ARDMS)
National certification board for sonographers for the RDMS, RDCS and other certifications
American Society of Echocardiology
Guidelines and Standards for cardiac sonographers
Society of Diagnostic Medical Sonography (SDMS)
National organization for sonographers and certification of the NCER test
Blog maintained by Gulfcoast Ultrasound Institute on the latest sonography trends and tips