A newsletter for LMES teachers, parents, and students
Summer Reading Edition!
- Make a “reading wish list” of titles you want to read over summer break.
- Sign up to participate in a summer reading program.
- When school starts back in August, show your reading log or medal to Mrs. Matney as proof that you read for the fun of it over break. You will get a special treat!
Lexington County Public Library
Barnes & Noble
Read for My Summer
Need book suggestions?
- 2013-14 SC Picture Book nominees
- 2013-14 SC Children’s Book nominees
- 2013-14 SC Junior Book nominees
- Read Kiddo Read's Ultimate Summer Reading List
- Reading Rockets 2013 Big Summer Reads
- Day by Day SC Calendar -- daily activities and reading lists for May, June, July, August
- PAWS to Read a Good Book -- Mrs. Matney created a virtual poster with links to kid-friendly book suggestions.
LMES Night with the Columbia Blowfish
Thursday, Jun 6th, 6:30pm
301 S Assembly St
Visit us online!
The mission of the Lake Murray Elementary Media Program is to ensure that students and staff are effective users of ideas and information and to empower students to be critical thinkers, enthusiastic readers, skillful researchers, ethical users of information, and productive users of technology.