Girl Scout Troop 363
Meetings every Wednesday @ Hilltop Methodist Church 6-7 PM
Save The Date! Alta Service Unit Cookie Rally is tentatively scheduled for January 8th!
Whole Troop News
- Next Meeting: December 9, 2015
- December 16th - We will be having a small party with the girls. We would like them to bring a small gift for an exchange - no more than $5!! We are going to plan some fun activities for the evening before we take a break until the new year.
- December 23rd & 30th we will NOT be holding any meetings! If you are looking for something fun to do, check out gsutah.com website for council sponsored activities!
- Have you gotten the email from Shutterfly about our troop photo website? Check it out! If you have taken pictures of any of our meetings and/or outings, I would love if you could upload your favorites. I want to print them out for our board - and I can feature them here, too. You might have to have an account, and if you don't want to do that, feel free to email them to our email address (email@example.com). I can upload from there as well. (Note: If you upload/send higher quality pictures, we will be able to print them better!)
The troop is working its way through the Three Cheers for Animal journey. This week we learned all about horses and how they differ from Donkeys and mules! Ask your girls which animal has the largest eyes? (The donkey) Which animal has the smallest ears? (the horse). We are planning a trip to Thanksgiving Point once it warms up to ride horses! Next week we travel to Japan and will learn about Pandas and try some yoga moves! Have a great week!
This week the brownies had so much fun! We earned our Painting badge! We learned the different types of paintings. Each of the girls painted their own "portrait" painting of their choosing, then we painted a mural! It was so so much fun (in their words!) to see what each girl chose to paint and then see them all together! I will hang these at our Christmas party for all to see and enjoy! The girls are welcome to take them home that night.
Next week we will be making snow globes! I hope to see more girls there! We are are having some fun times crafting!
I need you to let me know when your scout completes her "homework" (making a breakfast and a dinner). This will complete the requirements for our current badge, and I would like to award them at our party on the 16th. So, if you haven't already - get her to cookin'!
I am going to go ahead and plan our Journey in a Sleepover for February 12th to 13th at my house. I have 2 other moms who can come, and that will be enough to do all of our activities, but we would LOVE it if all moms could come. I do know, however, that this isn't always an option, so it isn't a requirement! We will spend the evening of the 12th and all day on the 13th completing all of the requirements for the 1st of the 3 Junior Journeys. This is a pretty big undertaking, but I think it will be tons of fun!
Thank you for helping out when you can and for letting your daughter come play, um...I mean learn, with us! They are a wonderful bunch of girls!
One Girl Scout can make a difference, but together we can ROCK the world!
$20/girl for badges and awards
$200 for special treats and group activity supplies
$60/girl for additional activities (like Cornbelly's)
$100 for administrative
Total = $1900
That total comes from your dues and our cookie sales. If you have any questions or concerns, please don't hesitate to chat with Grace, our designated finance go-to person!
- Sign up for snacks here: Troop Snack Sign-Up
- Dues are due on the 5th of every month (you can also pay quarterly or yearly!). You can pay these directly to Grace (cell phone 801 699 0550 or email firstname.lastname@example.org), or if you would like to pay via PayPal please use "send money to a friend" at email@example.com
- If your scout misses a meeting, read this newsletter to find out what she can do to make up the activities at home and still earn her badges!
- If you have any favorite songs or games you would like to share with our girls, just let us know and we would be happy to have you lead it!