Career Cluster:Law Enforcement
Job Duties and Responsibilities
- Parking meters they check for overtime.
- Conducts investigations on crime.
- Patrols areas of the city in a car.
- Captures or exports criminals to different places.
- Has the self-control to cope with things.
- On the streets and in a police station.
Days and hours worked
- 8 to 10 hours,80 hours per week.
- Over 84 hours just to do this.
Starting salary and salary range w/ experience
- Starting Salary(per hour): 26.73 (per yr.) 56470
- Working with people to make them feel better.
- Getting paid money and the ways it benefits your life.
- Going into situations with a sense of self-confidence.
- You need a high school diploma,GED,or higher,College.
- Recruits are usually needed as training is required foe them.
Personality Characteristics needed for person seeking employment in this field
- Write and speak efficiently
- Cope with situations
- Understand,and following verbal written instructions
- Good general intelligence
Advice you would give someone who wanted to get the job
- Go to high school and get a diploma first.
- Pass a written test,and a physical exam.
3 Positive Aspects of the Job
- Saving lives of people,and seeing happy faces.
- Makes you have a sense of serving the greater good.
- Challenges that are faced can make you more self-dependent.
3 Negative Aspects of the Job
- People sometimes get killed in police shootings.
- You need to stop thinking and do it,sometimes that's a bad thing.
- Stress can also destroy their mental and physical health.