RA Long High School Newletter
January 21, 2023
2nd Semester Starts Thursday, January 26. CHECK YOUR SCHEDULE NOW !!!!
Quote of the Week
"Don't talk, just act.
Don't say, just show.
Don't promise, just prove."
2 School Days Until the End of Semester 1 !!!
RA Long Upcoming Events
- PLAY: Robin Hood and His Merry Men (Jan 21,22, Jan 28,29 and Feb 4,5 @3pm)
- January 25: NO SCHOOL - Semester Break
- January 26: 1st day of 2nd Semester. School starts at 7:55am
- February 17th( NO SCHOOL, unless snow make-up day)
- February 20: NO SCHOOL: President's Holiday
- February 27th: Spring Sports Start: Get signed up on Family ID.
All Things RA Long Athletics--Click link below
Update from the Career Center for Seniors2023
Southwest Washington High School Chess Championships, February 4
I was asked to share this information to RA Long students:
(Transportation to this event is NOT provided)
R.A. Long High School students are invited to compete at Chess Regionals, the Southwest Washington High School Chess Championships, February 4 at Centralia College. Beginners welcome. Details at http://northwestchess.info/swwa.html
Two non-profit groups (WHSCA and CEA*) are working together to organize and provide free entry to the first Southwest Washington High School Chess Championships.
Last March, Regional Qualifying Tournaments were approved to provide a path to Chess State for areas without a high school chess league, such as Cowlitz County. Normally teams qualify for State out of their high school chess league.
As a Regional Qualifier, it's limited to students in western Washington who reside south and west of King County. Winning high school teams qualify to play in the 57th annual Washington State High School Chess Team Championships, to be held March 3 and 4 at Stanwood High School.
Full website with FAQ: http://northwestchess.info/swwa.html
Poster (flyer): http://northwestchess.info/chessflyerhs.pdf
President, Washington High School Chess Association
Tournament Director, SW WA High School Chess Championships
Ferndale High School chess club advisor
RAL DRESS CODE
DRESS CODE- applies to EVERY student taking a class at RA Long
The dress and appearance of students is the direct responsibility of the parents. School attire should reflect an academic focus and help maintain a safe and healthy school environment. Student appearance should be neat and clean and the body must be covered from the top of the shoulder to below two inches above the knee. If in the judgment of school officials dress or appearance is disruptive, the student will be required to change into appropriate clothing or will be sent home for insubordination. Team uniforms & spirit days must comply with administrative guidelines. The following rules apply to both genders:
- No under garments showing (including sports bras)
- No spaghetti straps, backless, strapless, halter-tops, crop tops, half-shirts, low-cut tops, one-shoulder, off-shoulder or see-through clothing
- Skirts/shorts must be no more than two inches above the knee (even with leggings).
- Cuts/slashes/fraying must also occur below the fingertip line
- Any rips that show skin must be no more than two inches above the knee.
- No sagging or bagging—pants must be pulled up
- No pajamas (tops or bottoms), slippers, costumes, blankets, or capes(flags)
- No displays (messages or pictures) that are vulgar, obscene, profane, violent, drug/alcohol/tobacco related, affiliated with gangs, discriminatory or demeaning to any person due to race, religion, ethnic group, gender or sexual orientation (including the Confederate flag or swastikas)
- No hats, bandanas, hairnets, head wraps, pulled-up hoods or sunglasses (exceptions for approved medical or religious reasons) If a hat is taken from a student, it will be returned on Friday after school. Hats are not to be seen in any classroom or in the hallways at any time.
- No unsafe jewelry such as spikes, long chains, etc.
Be sure to call the Attendance Office @ 575-7113 for all absences.
Leave a voice mail stating clearly the student’s name, date, and reason for absence.
Please remember to bring photo identification when picking up
your child for any appointments
Mr. Reeves INSTAGRAM principal_reeves
Mr. McCabe Athletics/Activities INSTAGRAM AD_RALong
Tag photos w/ #RALPride