2022-2023 - Friday, February 3, 2023
Shelli LeBlanc, Principal
Amanda Cucinotta, Assistant Principal
Ariel Aymond, Counselor 5th Grade
Krystal McCure, Counselor 6th Grade
Location: Collins Intermediate, 6020 Shadowbend Place, The Woodlands, TX, USA
From the Principal:
Just a few reminders for the upcoming two weeks:
- The third grading period progress reports are now available in Parent Access Center.
- We love - love and Valentine's Day - but as Collins students we do not exchange valentines, candies, treats, goodies to other individual students or to an entire classroom.
- Towards the bottom of the newsletter is an entire section dedicated to the Rising 7th - Future Knox Knights. This document will be continually updated as Knox shares updates throughout the spring semester.
- Spring Pictures have been moved to Thursday 2/16.
- Students have a four day weekend with no school on Friday 2/17 and Monday 2/20.
Wishing you a great week,
Celebrating Black History Month 2023
Honor, Remember, Inspire
We wish our Collins Chorale the best of luck
as they travel and perform at TMEA
in San Antonio on Thursday, February 9!
Important - Please Read!
Nurse Kendall's Updates
Parents please do not send medication to school with your child. For the safety of all students, medications need to be checked into the clinic and a permission form completed. This includes cough drops!
This is a safety issue - we want to keep the students safe and healthy while at school. Sending medications in a lunch box or their pockets is not safe - if that medication were to fall out and another student takes it, there could be some serious implications. Please consider this and contact the clinic if your student needs medication.
Parents, do not send medication to school with your child!
CISD Honor Choir
We are so proud of our 13 Collins students that auditioned with 425 CISD student on the evening of January 27th at Bozman Intermediate.
The following 9 students were selected and will perform a concert on April 1st at 4 PM at McCullough Jr. High School.
Collins Robotics Teams
Our Collins Robotics Teams, Nuclear Hiss and Super Charged Cobras competed in the First Lego League District Qualifier last week. Virtually, teams presented their innovative solutions regarding the energy issues facing the world today to judges via an original skit, a Powerpoint presentation of their research, and a question and answer session. On Saturday January 28, 2023, teams gathered at the new Jett Center to participate in the Robot Game. There they ran their custom-built robot through a series of energy related missions in order to complete as many as possible.
Both teams did amazing! Super Charged Cobras won first place for their Innovation Project; and Nuclear Hiss won a Champions Award and will be advancing to the next level of competition in Splendora on February 11.
Super Charged Cobras
6th Grade Mission to Mars Field Trip
Tuesday, February 14th - LC 6-1
Wednesday, February 15th - LC 6-2
Tuesday, February 21st - LC 6-3
Wednesday, February 22nd - LC 6-4
Thursday, February 23rd - LC 6-5
- Drop off and Pick Up is located at the back of Collins off Gosling Road.
- Students should be in the building by 7:30 AM
- Students are anticipated to return to campus by 4:15 - 4:30 PM
- Please help us keep long car lines moving in the afternoon by following our traffic flow and only turning right on to Gosling as you are leaving the school.
- Students are encouraged to wear a Collins T-Shirt during the field trip. An alternative to a Collins school shirt is a Navy or Maroon colored shirt.
2021-2022 School Report Cards
The Collins 2021-2022 School Report Cards is posted on our profile page. The accountability reports can be accessed using the following steps:
From the school’s website:
- Go to "Our School/Campus"
- Click “View School Profile"
- Select “Accountability Reports”
- Click “2021-2022”
- Select "School Report Card"
Save the Date!
TPSP students and families are invited to come see the amazing projects our students have been working on all year long! More information will be coming home with your child today.
Podcasts are really popular for adults, and here’s a list from Common Sense Media of reviews of podcasts that are geared for children. It’s recommended that you listen without your student present to make sure it’s a good fit for your family.
All Things Knox
Knox Junior High School Girls Athletics coaches will be at Collins Intermediate evaluating any 6th grade girl interested in joining Girls Athletics in 7th grade February 6th-9th. We will be evaluating basketball skills, volleyball skills, the 100M dash and the one mile. Students will be rated on a points scale. The purpose of girls athletics is to develop student's skills in a competitive environment and play on the athletics teams. The girls athletics team lifts weights, participates in sprints, agilities as well as distance running, group workouts and compete in challenges. The girls athletics coaches take pride in pushing the girls to their full potential, as we are trying to prepare the girls for the competition they will see in high school as well as collegiately for Volleyball, Basketball and Track and Field. Our hope is for every girl in athletics to find a passion in sports and strive to be the best at whatever they choose to compete in.
PTO Membership and School Spirit Shirts
Go to collinspto.membershiptoolkit.com and join the PTO today! By joining the PTO you will gain access to our secure online directory as well as be “in the know with PTO.” Have you purchased your spirit wear yet? Order today so your child can show their Cobra Pride!
Order Your Yearbook Today!
Purchase a yearbook for your child for $50 at Jostens.com. Deadline to purchase is April 28 or until sold out.
Submit school related photos to email@example.com. *Please note photos are subject to approval and not guaranteed to be published.
Times To Remember...
- 8:50 AM—4:00 PM
- Students may enter the building by 7:45 AM (Please enter 5th grade side door)
- 6th Lunch A: 11:50 AM - 12:20 PM
- 5th Lunch B: 12:10 PM- 12:40 PM
- 5th Lunch C: 12:30 PM - 1:00 PM
- 6th Lunch D: 12:50 PM - 1:20 PM
Sign Up Genius: https://www.signupgenius.com/go/10C0F49A5A929A7F9C34-collins5Front Office Times:
- 8:00 AM—4:30 PM
- 3:30 PM Calls to change transportation will end
- 3:40 PM Early check out of students will end
- 3:35 PM Cones for car rider dismissal will be set - cars for early pick up will not fit in front parking area
- 3:45 PM First Flight (7 cars) will move forward to cones
- 4:00 PM Flights 1-4 dismissed along with bike riders
- 4:07 PM Walkers dismissed. Car riders will meet parents at cones 1 - 7. Once a flight is loaded, it will be dismissed to take a RIGHT hand turn only to exit.
- Buses will be dismissed based on bus arrival to campus.
Prior Newsletters 2022-23
Are You Following Us?
Collins Twitter Account
Collins Facebook Account
The Conroe Independent School District (District) as an equal opportunity educational provider and employer does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, religion, age, or disability in educational programs or activities that it operates or in employment matters. The District is required by Title VI and Title VII of the Civil Rights Act of 1964, as amended, Title IX of the Education Amendments of 1972, the Age Discrimination Act of 1975, as amended, Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Americans with Disabilities Act, as well as Board policy not to discriminate in such a manner. For information about Title IX rights or Section 504/ADA rights, contact the Title IX Coordinator or the Section 504/ADA coordinator at 3205 W. Davis, Conroe, TX 77304; (936) 709-7752.