LaMotte School News
November 12, 2015
Parent Conferences November 23 and 24
· Parents please respond (to Mrs. Clark) with your first and second time preferences.
· The duration for a conference is 20 minutes per family, if you are late 10 or more minutes your conference will be cancelled and another appointment will need to be made.
· Conference times begin at 3:40 p.m. until 7:20 p.m.
· Mrs. Vradenburg will be scheduling conferences in the afternoon on Thursday, November 19th and Friday, November 20th. Conference on Monday, November 23rd and Tuesday, November 24th will begin at 3:40 p.m. until 5:40 p.m.
· The 6, 7 & 8 grade teachers will have a few openings in the afternoon on Thursday, November 19th and Friday, November 20th.
· Again please contact Mrs. Clark (586-2838) to reserve a time.
Spirit Week ~ November 16th - 20th
The Student Council sponsored Spirit Week will be the week of November 16th -November 20th. Students are encouraged to dress in the daily themes.
- Monday~ Pajama Day
- Tuesday~ Twin Day
- Wednesday~ Wacky Wild Day
- Thursday~ Career Day
- Friday~ Cat/Griz Day (Team Spirit)
Morning drop off reminder
A note from the Superintendent/Principal
Parents and Students!
Now that cold weather has returned please remember that it is our policy to send students outside for recess unless the temperature drops below 10 degrees. It is important to remember that if we are evacuated from the school in case of an emergency, students may be outside for an extended period of time. The prolonged exposure to the cold could be unsafe so appropriate clothing is necessary.
If students are not prepared for the cold and snow, they will be required to call home for a parent to bring the proper clothing. Students are expected to have long pants, a coat (not just a sweatshirt), and boots. It is our strong recommendation that every child wear snow pants, hat and gloves/mittens to school every day. It is much more fun to play outside when you are dressed appropriately! Thank you for your cooperation on this.
Middle School Fundraiser ~ Elliot’s of Montana Products
The Middle School students will be selling cookie dough, trail mix and pasta mixes to raise funds for their field trip in the spring. Orders are due Friday, November 20th and deliveries will be made the 2nd week of December. Please contact Mr. Drake with any questions.
LaMotte Parent Group Meeting
Please attend!! Steve Eshbaugh will join us to seek your input on LaMotte's Strategic Plan. Your ideas will help define the future of LaMotte. Please come and share your thoughts.
LaMotte Board of Trustees Meeting
Scholastic Book Fair
The Scholastic Book Fair is coming to LaMotte School! During parent-teacher conferences on November 23rd and 24th, the library will be open from 3:40 p.m. until 6:30 p.m. Not only will we have many great books to choose from, each purchase contributes money toward the purchase of new books. Beat the Black Friday chaos and support reading by shopping at LaMotte!
Lost and Found
Parents please check in the lost and found bin for lost items, it is bursting at the seams! Parents are asked to label their children’s clothing for easy identification.
Box Tops & Labels for Education Program