MCES WEEKLY TOP FIVE FOR PARENTS
UPDATES FOR THE WEEK OF NOVEMBER 8
A MESSAGE FROM ADMINISTRATION
Greetings Montclair Families,
As we continue to navigate our school year, the administration team would like to inform you of important details within our school community and some updates coming from Cumberland County Schools.
- Teacher/Student Workday: On Thursday, November 11th, all families and staff will observe the Veteran's Day Holiday. Friday, November 12th, has been designated as Wellness Friday. Please remember that November 1st-5th is designated for Parent-Teacher Conferences.
- Veteran's Day Appreciation Day: On Wednesday, November 10th, to support our Veterans on Veteran's Day, we encourage our students and staff members to wear Red, White, and Blue.
- Fall/Thanksgiving Break: On November 24th-26th, all students and staff members will observe Fall Break.
- Fall Make-up Pictures: On November 15th, Montclair Elementary School will host Picture Day Make-ups.
- Winter Dress/Mask: Parents, as the weather begins to change to colder temperatures, please make sure that you are sending your children to school with a jacket or coat. Please also encourage them to keep up with their coats or jackets. We want to ensure that our students are coming into our building as healthy as possible. Also, be mindful as we are heading into flu season—a lot of the symptoms of the flu mirror those of Covid 19. As always, if your student exhibit any symptoms, including Fever of 100.4 or higher, a continual cough, shortness of breath, muscle or body aches, headache, loss of smell or taste, sore throat, chills, runny nose, nausea, or vomiting and diarrhea, please keep them home. Please emphasize to your child that it is essential that the cover remains above their noses and mouths. Also, make sure that before your child comes to school, they have a mask on and the appropriate mask size.
Principal-Stephanie Wall Powell Assistant Principal-Darius B.Gillespie
Principal Resident-Kacheckia Dewitt Principal Intern-Geraldine Meadows
I Need Help Helping My Child In Math | Cumberland Family Academy
MONTCLAIR ELEMENTARY SCHOOL WEEKLY TOP FIVE FOR PARENTS
Montclair Elementary School provides an environment that encourages our students' growth and development.
We are committed to:
- The enhancement of positive character traits
- Achievement of academic excellence
- Awareness of physical fitness
The faculty and staff invite you to be our partner in our journey toward greatness.