Information for Parents and Students Updated Each Friday
Smoke Signals - March 29, 2019
We Want You! 2 B a P2P Investor!
- Legislative Roundup--House Bill 3 would put $6.3 billion into Texas public schools and $2.7 billion into property tax reform. Soon, it will be heading to the full House for review. A recent update on House Bill 3 is available here, and you can find out who represents you here. Please stay up on what’s happening in the Texas Legislature, and take action by making your voice heard this session.
- KISD Pentathlon: Klein Intermediate Takes First Place!--Learn more about our dedicated students who competed in this rigorous district-wide academic challenge.
Current 6th graders
Dear Doerre Parent or Guardian of a 6th grader,
Texas State Law requires that every child entering school be vaccinated against certain vaccine-preventable diseases . For those students entering 7th grade, the vaccines required are:
*Tdap( Tetanus, Diptheria, Pertussis)
* Meningococcal ( MCV4 or Menactra)
Please let Mrs. Chilton know via e-mail if you need a list of health clinics and/or a current shot record. Many shot clinics provide free or low cost( $20 or less) immunizations. There will be a FREE vaccination clinic offered at Doerre this Spring ( date TBA) during the school day- more information to follow..
Proof of completed immunizations MUST BE PROVIDED TO THE DOERRE CLINIC no later than the Friday before your student is to start 7th grade, 2019. Otherwise, your student will not be allowed to start school on the first day of school per Texas state law and Klein ISD policy.
For more information , please see: http://dshs.texas.gov/immunize/school/ and click on the school requirements for 2018-2019. ( these will be the same for 2019-2020) or go to Klein ISD Health Services:
Please contact the Doerre clinic if we can assist you in any way with this important matter.
6th Grade Champion : D. Newitt
7th Grade Champion : E. Lee
Parents will be sent a letter this week if we do not have a proof of immunizations needed for 7th grade. In that letter there will be information on how to sign up for the free shot clinic at Doerre offered the morning of April 23rd . The consent forms must be received by the Doerre clinic by April 4th in order for the student to participate in this clinic. More forms will be available in the Doerre Clinic if needed.
Important Information: Student Arrival Time
Students are not allowed in the building before 8 AM unless they have a pass for a specific teacher, date and time.
If a student arrives at school before 8 AM they will need to wait in front until the building is open.
We wish we could allow all students in upon their arrival, but there have been some issues with students roaming the building before 8 AM. It is not safe to allow this to continue and we need your help with this matter.
Morning Care at Doerre
Doerre is partnering with a local day care program to assess the need of offering morning care for students at Doerre. The doors at Doerre open at 8 AM each morning. There are many students that get dropped off at 7 and have to wait outside until 8 AM. There are many instances where students gain access to the building before 8 AM without our knowledge. This is not a desired or safe situation. Please complete the following survey so that we may assess the need of a morning program for our students. The approximate fees for morning services would be $40 a week ($25 a week for students designated as free and reduced lunch.)
MEMORY BOOKS: •Order your memory book now online at YBPay.lifetouch.com. The ID Code is 6612419. The cost is $30. After April 5th the price goes up to $35. Sales are online only!
Notes from the Crossing Guards to Cut Down on Traffic
2. Please do NOT pick up students in the middle of the road. They are running across traffic. This is dangerous and is holding up other cars.
3. When pulling onto or out of Warrior Way, do not block the crosswalk.
4. Please be present when driving around children. Watch for students at crosswalks, drive through crosswalks cautiously, knowing that students aren't paying attention.
5. Please follow the speed limits. School zones are 20 MPH max.....
6. Please tell your child that all students need to completely get off of their bikes and scooters when walking through a crosswalk.
Doerre Color Run
Please join us at our Doerre Limbs for Life Color Run on Friday, April 12th from 4:30-6:30pm at Doerre Intermediate School in Klein, TX. The Doerre Society of Service Students will be raising funds and awareness for children who need prosthetics. Once a child receives a prosthetic, they are able to walk, run and play with friends and live a healthy life!
Our Color Run will be loads of Family Fun! 2 miles of Color Fun with a Color Bomb Explosion Finale!! We will have Snow Cones, Popcorn and Cotton Candy for a colorful snack before, during and after the run! Register before March 28th to receive a FREE T-shirt and Color Bomb! The registration form is attached.
We are also still looking for sponsors and volunteers for our event. We have attached a form if you would like to donate or sponsor the Doerre Color Run. If you would like to volunteer, please contact Sharon Gace at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Basic Doerre Information
Food and Drinks
We understand that there are exceptions and that there may be someone with a medical condition that needs quick access to a snack or a drink, this is not the issue.
Water bottles are okay, everyone needs an occasional drink....as long as they have a screw on top and are securely stored inside of backpacks. This water may not be taken out in classrooms if a teacher does not allow it or in hallways. The water may also not be out around any Chromebooks due to insurance purposes.
Thank you so much for your help in this!