Updates and Reminders
May 6, 2021
A Few Highlights!
1. Please click on the buttons below for additional information. We aim to keep you informed!
- Teacher Tuesday - Jen Scharrer, World Languages Teacher, CHS & CMS
- Online Registration for the 2021-22 School Year
- Employment opportunities. Please consider serving our school district by joining our team as a substitute teacher, bus driver, or custodian. We need YOU!
- COVID-19 Vaccinations - Everyone age 16+ is highly encouraged to get the vaccine.
- MC Plus Program - Summer 2021 Information
- Kindergarten Round-up 2021 Information
- 2021-22 Little Cadets Preschool Information
- Quick Links to Maintain Communication!
- Food Service Updates - FREE breakfast and lunch meals for ALL Students through July 29, 2021!
- 2020-21 Revised Academic Calendar
- 2021-22 Academic Calendar
2. The MCCSC School Board meetings will be held in the cafeteria at Cascade Middle School, 6423 S. CR 200 W, Clayton, IN 46118. The monthly meetings will be held on the second Wednesday of each month beginning at 6:00 pm.
Online registration opened on Wednesday, April 14. Please take the time to register your child(ren) for the 2021-22 school year from the comfort of your home!
The MCCSC Plan for COVID-19
Our Guiding Principles
- Adapting personal behaviors to ensure everyone's health.
- Respecting the necessity of some inconveniences and forego some favored activities.
- Demonstrating flexibility and resilience to adapt to the fluid situation.
We appreciate your flexibility and understanding of the transitions necessary. The 2020-21 school year will be a series of ebb and flow. We aim to provide in person instruction, although certain factors may necessitate a change to Extended Home Learning for a period of time (i.e. staffing scarcity, executive orders, etc.). After each transition, we plan to return to in person instruction. The safety protocols in place in our schools (cleaning, hand sanitizing, social distancing, wearing a mask, contact tracing, staying home when ill, etc.) are effective. We must all do our part outside of our schools as well to assist in mitigating the spread!
Hendricks County moved to the Blue Level for community spread on Wednesday, March 3. Our efforts have made a difference especially since Hendricks County was in the Red Level in December! Our medical officer has approved our plans to continue to offer in person instruction and continue to offer our extra-curricular activities. His approval is based on our continued safety measures (masks, social distancing, hand washing, hand sanitizing, contact tracing, cleaning & disinfecting, and staying home when symptomatic) and adjustments in spectator attendance at our extra-curricular events. The information button below provides details on Pre-K - 12 recommendations for each level of community spread.
Please click on the buttons below for our IDOH updates, MCCSC Dashboard, Governor Holcomb's Executive Order through May 31, 2021, Exposure guidance, and guidance on COVID-19 Screening. Be in the KNOW!
CHS "National Blue Ribbon School" and CMS "Schools to Watch"
Please click on the following links to enjoy some of the best aspects of Mill Creek Community School Corporation. We have successes galore and the pursuit of EXCELLENCE in all of our programs continues!
Thanks for all you do to provide support, insistence, and high expectations!
We are small schools . . . BIG OPPORTUNITIES!
We are ...
- "A" rated school corporation
- "A" rated schools
- Four Star Schools
- eLearning School Corporation
- Riley Children's Foundation Miracle School Corporation
- Cascade High School - 2018 National Blue Ribbon School Recipient
- Cascade Middle School - 2020 Schools to Watch Recipient
Jim Diagostino, Ed.S.
Mill Creek Community School Corporation
Excellence in Achievement, Attitude, and Actions
Small Schools . . . BIG OPPORTUNITIES