Global Seesaw Challenge
A Global Collaboration Created by @mrbadura @mrsgadtke
What is Seesaw?
Here are the tasks to complete for each tool. Be sure to "turn in" each task! Please complete the NOTE TASK FIRST. We will then change the number you chose (instead of name) when handing in your assignment to your Twitter username.
- Note--Add your Twitter name. And your location. We will try to change your number that you chose to hand in assignments to your Twitter name to make handing in items easier.
- Photo--Submit a photograph of your classroom.
- Video--Shoot some video. Give us a tour of your classroom, introduce us to your pets. Be creative! Be sure to narrate as you record.
- Drawing--Using the drawing tool, draw us a picture, work out a math problem. Again, be creative! Be sure to use at least five colors and add lots of details. You can narrate as you illustrate. This is an awesome feature of the Seesaw drawing tool!
- Camera Roll--Take a selfie and turn it in! 25,000 Bonus Points if you can figure out how to add audio to this image.
- Link--Submit a link to a website or blog that you like to peruse.
HOW DO I "TURN-IN" each item?
- After completing a task, tap on the green circle that contains a white check mark in the upper right-hand corner of your screen.
- You will eventually see a list of numbers 1-100. Tap on a number, making sure a green circle with a white check-mark appears next to the number you chose. Be sure to keep submitting tasks with this same number if you plan on completing all six tasks in one sitting. We will be checking this class frequently to change the number you chose to your Twitter username. If you prefer, you can complete the first task (note) then come back the next day to see if we changed the number you chose to your name, then you could complete the other five tasks, turning in assignments by tapping on your name.
- Tap on the green circle in the upper right-hand corner one more time to complete the turn in process.
- Download the Seesaw app. Download the "CLASS" app, NOT the "PARENT" app.
- If you already have downloaded Seesaw and created a teacher account, be sure to sign out and sign back in as a student.
- Open Seesaw and tap on "I'm a Student."
- Scan the QR Code (after you enable camera access) that is at the bottom of this Smore Page. The QR Codes scanner that is built into Seesaw is the only scanner that will scan this QR code.
- You are now ready to complete the six steps in this challenge!
Flotsam and Jetsam
- After completing all of your tasks, be sure to check back every once in awhile to see what others have added.
- There is a PARENT app. When you decide to sign up for your teacher account, check your settings and the "Manage Class" tab to tap into a variety of options for your class. Enable parent access, send home the invites that Seesaw creates for you and your parents will be notified anytime their child posts to Seesaw!
- Explore your settings tab to enable or disable certain features within Seesaw.
- Tap on "Manage Students," pick a student, then tap on "Icon." You can now assign an avatar for said student. This is a great activity to do on your Smart Board.
- Check out the "Folders" option!
- Tap here to see a whole bunch of resources about how to use Seesaw in the classroom.