The Life of Wolfgang Johannes Puck
By Jareb de la Fuente
Admiration of Food
The becoming of a Chef
- After dropping out of high school at the age of 14, he decided to go to France to further his career in becoming a chef. He traveled around until he finally settled at a hotel. Later on, at the age of 18, Ramond Thuilier hired him. According to Wolfgang, he was the reason why he became successful.
Then, a year later he opened up another one that had a french/chinese theme called Chinois. His next business did not open until 1989, when he created Postrio, an italian restaurant.
Today, he owns a vast amount of restaurants and bistros that range from New York to Maui. He has three different entities. Wolf Gang Puck Fine Dining Group, Wolfgang Puck Worldwide Inc., and Wolfgang Puck Catering.
- 1994 - James Beard Award for Humanitarian of the Year
- 1994 - James Beard Award for Outstanding Restaurant, Spago Hollywood
- 2002 - Daytime Emmy Award for Outstanding Service Show, Wolfgang Puck
- 2012 - James Beard Award for Lifetime Achievement.
He is 5'5.
His signature dish is House Smoked Salmon Pizza.
His favorite food is macarons.
He has had three wives, and three children.
His cooking style in California, French, and Fusion.
He loves to play tennis despite his age.
He lives in greatest country on earth.