March 16, 2021
Eagle Academy encourages academic excellence by integrating proven instructional methods with a challenging curriculum and high expectations.This combination provides every child with the foundation needed to achieve proficiency of Eagle Academy’s performance standards at each instructional level.
Previous editions of the Eagle Express can be found on the Newsletter page on our school website
- Mar. 5 - 31 - Iditaread
- Mar. 15-19 (Mon. - Fri.) - Remote Learning via Zoom
- Mar. 17 (Wednesday) - Spalding Parent Training via Zoom
- Mar. 18 (Thursday) - All day In-Person Q & A Zoom (1:00 p.m.) (Meeting ID: 975 4859 8722 & Passcode: eagle)
- Mar. 22 (Monday) - Resume In-Person Instruction - 5.5 hr day.
- Apr. 7 (Wednesday) - Kindergarten & 6th Grade cap & gown photos
More information about these events appear further down in the newsletter. You can also visit the News & Events section of our website homepage. (https://www.asdk12.org/eagleacademycharter)
CALLING ALL READERS
Just a reminder about the Iditaread in case the original email got lost over spring break :) Below is the link for the google form to log minutes read. You can also find the google form on the Iditaread event on the PTO Facebook page.
- Who: All students (and staff) of Eagle Academy!
- What: Race to the Finish on a Reading Challenge - The Iditaread is a reading race that follows the Iditarod Trail. Log the hours read to each checkpoint, which will line up with trail checkpoints posted in the school hallways. During each week, as minutes are logged, a dog with your student's name will be moved to the checkpoints along the hallway.
- Where: Anywhere you can read!
- When: Logging minutes starts Friday, March 5th, and goes through Wednesday, March 31st
- Why: To encourage ALL students to read and develop a love of reading! For extra incentive, there are small prizes at a few checkpoints, and prizes for each finisher. Every finisher will also be entered into a drawing to win a Fly Trampoline gift card.
- How: Track the minutes your child reads and the minutes you read to your child. Each minute read is equal to one mile on the Iditarod Trail - a total of 852 this year. When the amount of minutes read reaches a main checkpoint, you can fill out the google form (link below) to submit their minutes. The form can be submitted multiple times for each checkpoint.
Please see the attached flyer for more details! Also attached is a list of checkpoints and corresponding minutes, as well as a map of this year's Iditarod trail to follow along. Below is the link for the google form to log minutes:
If you have any questions, please contact Vanessa Hall at email@example.com
Date for Kindergarten & 6th Gr. Cap & Gown Photos (APRIL 7th)
We are looking for two individuals to work with students to boost ELA & Math skills.
1. Work one-on-one with students who need extra support on specific, targeted skills in the Kindergarten through 4th grade classrooms
2. Follow a routine schedule that updated bi-monthly
3. Spalding and Saxon experience desired
4. Hours: Monday - Friday| 8:30 am - 12:30 pm
If you are interested please contact Missy Timberlake: firstname.lastname@example.org or the School Office at 742-3025 for more information.
Required for new families to EACS
Eagle Academy is sponsoring “Spalding Night” Zoom trainings. We will discuss Spalding and the use of the phonogram cards and techniques to help study spelling words. Families new to Eagle Academy are required to attend the training to help support your child/ren at home. It is also open to families that need a refresher.
Please bring your phonogram cards to the Zoom. This is an interactive class so I will need the video on. Phonogram cards need to be purchased for the training for $15 / first set, $15 for additional sets of cards***. The following classes are available to choose from:
· Wed., March 17 @ 1:00 PM
· Wed., March 17 @ 6:00 PM
Please email Mrs. Timberlake ASAP to confirm the date/time that you will be attending, and she will send you the Zoom Link. email@example.com
***To purchase phonogram cards: Go to the ASD website, then to Zangle Parent Connect, to online payments, to phonograms. You will be able to purchase one or more sets of phonogram cards ($15 each) paying with your credit card. You will need to make arrangements to stop by the school to pick them up.
If you do not have your Zangle Parent Connect Pin and Password, please call Tamara ASAP to get it. We cannot accept cash/check.
EAGLE ACADEMY APB
Vanessa Hall - APB Chair: (907) 230-6365
Missy Timberlake - APB Teacher: (907) 301-8653
Mindy Edison - APB Teacher: (907) 223-7774
Jennifer Bundy - APB Parent Member: (907) 884-5008
Cheryl Raile - APB Parent Member: (858) 780-6225
Paige Saylor - APB Parent Member: (843) 437-5783
Casey Andrysiak - APB Community Member
Eagle Academy PTO
Tonya Prentiss - Chair: (719) 213-5678
Beth Sherwood - Co-Vice-Chair: (907) 362-3499
Vanessa Hall - Co-Treasurer: (907) 230-6365
Amie Mitchell - Co-Treasurer: (907) 830-1604
Haley Gagnon - Secretary: (907) 310-6690
Heather Milligan - Parent Rep: (774) 254-1238
Mindy Edison - Teacher Rep (907) 223-7774