Kindergarten @ Golbow
January 6-10, 2014
Welcome Back! What we will be learning this first week back....
Social Studies: Winter traditions, Needs/wants
Science: Weather: winter and patterns
Math: Literacy..making combinations for numbers to ten
Reading: Predicting and retelling
Word Work: review beginning and ending sounds of words
Upcoming Events to Support Golbow
Friday January 10 ....School Store is open 8-8:20
Report Cards go home
Vips workday 9-2:00
Monday January 13...Pennies for patients begins
Welcome to Nolan Dowling
Mother and son are doing well. We are happy to have Mrs. Griffin with us on our kindergarten team while Mrs. Dowling is on leave.
Ways to talk to your child about stories.
· Ask your child to predict what might happen next while reading a story. Be sure to ask your child to give reasons for the prediction.
· Ask your child why a character might have taken a specific action. Again, ask for the reasons behind the answer.
· Ask your child to compare a book to another familiar book. How are the characters alike or different? Do the stories take place in similar places? How are the illustrations similar or different?
· Ask what part of the story your child liked best and why.
· Ask whether your child liked the ending of the story and why or why not.