You could be next!
Ways To Avoid Identity Theft
- When leaving the house only carry information that is necessary.
- Make sure to leave important documents in a safe place.
- Shred documents that you have no longer need for.
- If your going to be gone for a long period, request a vacation hold on your mail
- Reset your hard drive when disposing of a computer.
- Install anti-virus software to your computer which will protect you from malicious downloads.
Suspect You've been a Victim?
- File a credit report
- Order Credit Reports
- Create an Identity Theft Report
- Freeze fraudulent accounts
- Call the police