4-H Friday News Blast for 9.13.2019
September 15th is the Next Due Date!!!
What is due on September 15th?
- "Only Livestock" point sheets
- "Only Static" (non-animal) point sheets
- "A combination of Livestock and Static" point sheets
- "Club" point sheets
- Diamond Clover Award sheets
- Nominations for volunteer awards
If you finish up your reports over the weekend, email your paperwork to us at email@example.com, or bring it to the Extension Office and put it in the drop box (which is beside the front door of the Extension Office.) Thanks!
Website page for September 15th
Nominations for 4-H Council Members
Some people love that kind of involvement and work. If that's you, please speak up. We are currently taking names for new council members.
Youth council members must be age 14 or older.
Click on the following link and take a look at the "job description" of council members: https://4h.unl.edu/council-handbook/section-4
Also, check out the constitution of the Cass County 4-H Council on our website at: https://extension.unl.edu/statewide/cass/4-h-resources/#tab4
4-H Council Meeting Next Monday
The next regular meeting of the 4-H Council will be held Monday, September 16th in the meeting room of the Extension Office.
Nebraska 4-H Achievement Applications for Trips and Awards
4-H members ages 15-18 as of December 31 of the current year are eligible to participate in the state-level Nebraska 4-H Achievement Application. The application is a standard application form used for the selection of state award winners, including Nebraska delegates to National 4-H Congress and National 4-H Conference, as well as Nebraska 4-H Foundation scholarship award recipients.
Due date is October 15th, and more details can be found here: https://4h.unl.edu/achievement-application
We encourage you to apply!
New 2020 Shop 4-H Catalog
FYI-if interested, there is a 25% off savings on Green & White 4-H Favorites now thru Tuesday, 9/17.
Summer Job Announcement ...
Summer camp employees are trained to help provide active, hands-on, fun, and cooperative outdoor programming designed to develop respect for self, others, and the environment. They are key to helping others discover, learn, and grow.
Interested in applying? Learn more at: https://4h.unl.edu/camps-centers/summer-jobs#tab1
Attending Summer Camp and Need a Scholarship?
With the support of the Nebraska 4-H Foundation and its donors, Nebraska 4-H Camps and Centers programs are able to offer a limited number of $100 camp scholarships to support the participation of young people at the Nebraska 4-H Summer Camps. Single Day camps are not eligible for camp scholarships. If you have a camper in need of financial support, your request is most welcomed.
Camp Scholarships must be awarded prior to registration. Any scholarships awarded after the registration process will not be applied to current registrations.
The application process for a Camp scholarship is simple. Go to: https://4h.unl.edu/camps-centers/summer-camp/scholarship
Nebraska State 4-H Camp to Host Annual 4-H Foundation Trail Ride
Upcoming Shooting Sports Training
There's a Shooting Sports Training at the Ashland Gun Club on October 26-27, 2019 from 8:00 am to 4:00 pm each day. More details will be coming, so keep checking the link below for updates to this and other new shooting sports trainings.
State Shooting Sports Calendar: https://events.unl.edu/NE4H-Shooting-Sports/search/?q=Shooting+Sports+Leader
Make it Yourself with Wool
Get Ready for National 4-H Week
National 4-H Week is right around the corner! This year's celebration will take place October 6-12. Start planning your celebration now! Here's some ideas:
- Plan a community service project, like picking up trash in your community!
- Write Thank You cards to 4-H staff and volunteers who you know.
- Wear a different 4-H shirt each day of the week.
- The list could go on and on. Be creative in promoting 4-H and educating others about 4-H!
School Year Camps!
Did you know there are 4-H Camps during the school year? Continue the fun of 4-H with one of these camps!
Fall Resident Camp- September 21-22, 2019
Winter Resident Camp - February 14-16, 2020
Spring Break Day Camp - April 6-10, 2020
For more information click on this link! https://4h.unl.edu/camps-centers/school-year-camps
FYI - 4HOnline Shut Down for Maintenance
Questions - call the Extension Office at 402-267-2205.
County 4-H Calendar
- Volunteer Recognition nominations due - September 15
- Point Sheets and Diamond Clover due - September 15
State 4-H Shotgun Championships & National Qualifier - September 14-15
- 4-H Council Meeting - September 16
- Shooting Sports Leader Certification Add-One Workshop - Muzzleloader - September 21
- National 4-H Week - October 6-12
- AkSarBen Stock Show - Sept 26-29
- 4HOnline Shut down for Maintenance - Oct 1 - Oct 15
- 2020 4HOnline re-enrollments and new enrollments begin - October 16th
- Nebraska 4-H Fed Steer Challenge Application Deadline - October 1
- Nebraska 4-H Achievement Trips and Awards - due October 15th
- Youth in Action - application due October 21st
- Shooting Sports Training at the Ashland Gun Club - October 26-27
- 4-H Achievement Program - November 3
- Nebraska Youth Beef Leadership Symposium - Nov. 8-10 in Lincoln
- 4-H Council Meeting - November 18
- Make it Yourself with Wool - November 23
- Summer Camps announced for 2020
Ag Information & Other Opportunities:
- Farm Ambitions Field Day ... September 24, 2019
- Household Hazardous Waste Collections ... September 20, 2019
- Cass County Electronic Recycling Event .... September 21, 2019
Free Webinar on industrial hemp regulations ... September 18, 2019 at 12:00 pm
Cover Crop Field Tour in Nemaha County ... September 17th between Auburn & Brownville
- Hort Update
- Gardening articles by Sarah Browning
- Recorded Webinar and info on "Hunting Leases" with vital information for landowners
- Nebraska Extension Publications ... online Library
Cass County Extension Board Meeting ... October 14, 2019 at 5:30 pm
Become a Master Gardener ... for 2020 program, register by January 17, 2020
I pledge my Head to clearer thinking,
My Heart to greater loyalty,
My Hands to larger service, and
My Health to better living,
For my club, my community, my country and my world!
To Make the Best Better!
The 4-H colors are green and white.
Green, nature's most prominent color, symbolizes growth.
The white symbolizes purity and high ideals.
Nebraska Extension Cass County
Lauren Stohlmann, Extension Educator and Unit Leader, firstname.lastname@example.org
Katie Kreuser, Extension Educator, email@example.com
Tracy Ensor, Extension Assistant, firstname.lastname@example.org
Sondra Buell, Office Manager, email@example.com
General Mailbox, firstname.lastname@example.org