Middle School Weekend Update
Hidden and Twin Oaks News: Sunday, November 5th, 2023
Conferences and End of Quarter
Thank you to all the families who attended conferences over the last two weeks. We had a fantastic turn out and appreciate the opportunity to partner with our families.
Quarter 1 ends on Thursday, November 9th. There will be no school on Friday, November 10th so staff and finish grading and update scores. Please check Infinite Campus to if your student is missing any assignments and help them make a plan to get caught up before the end of the quarter.
November 9: Last day of Quarter 1
November 10: No school, staff work day
November 13: First day of Quarter 3
November 22-24: No school, Thanksgiving Break
Digital Wellbeing Tips
How can you listen to support Digital Wellbeing?
- Identify screen free times and discuss them with your child: carpools, meals, movie night, and socializing.
- Together, create a screen plan that sets clear priorities for when screens are off.
- Be mindful that rules are more respected when consequences are upheld. Try to enlist cooperation and consistency with all adults of influence in a child's life.
- Be consistent.
What to do when my student is sick?
As the weather turns colder, we recognize students are going to get ill. When a student doesn't feel well at school, they are expected to come to the nurse's office and be evaluated before going home with a parent or guardian. If your student reaches out to you wanting to be picked up, we ask that you direct them to the nurse first before coming to school to pick them up. The nurse will contact families of students who are ill and need to go home.
Thank you for your cooperation!
Upcoming Community Education Classes
Check out all of the amazing classes, activities and events available by browsing our digital catalogs. Be sure to register for these popular classes that are starting soon! Click on the class below for more information or to register.
Early Learning Programs
Try our new Grandparents Class or check out other Early Childhood Family Education offerings that are still available. ECFE Registration.
Circle of Friends Preschool still has openings available in our afternoon classes.
Community Education Advisory Council
Make a difference in your schools and community, join the PLSAS Community Education Advisory Council. For more information visit our website.
For questions about our programs, please call 952.226.0310 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Middle School Support Staff
Need support from someone at school, here is who you contact:
Hidden Oaks Middle School
- Principal: Sasha Kuznetsov
- Assistant Principal: Melissa Knettel
- Dean of Students: Scott Peterson
- Counselor: Rhonda Soukup (Grade 6)
- Counselor: Kristin Hodnefield (Grade 7)
- Counselor: Jason Dvorak (Grade 8)
- Social Worker: Kim Koepp
- Health Office 952-226-0706
Twin Oaks Middle School
- Principal: Joe Kuboushek
- Assistant Principal: John Dahl
- Dean of Students: Zach Johnson
- Counselor: Zac MacLean (Grade 6)
- Counselor: Sarah Loechler (Grade 7)
- Counselor: Allison Beesley (Grade 8 )
- Social Worker: Jennifer Witt
- Health Office 952-226-0506