HTM News and Events | September 2016
A Note from our Head of School
Dear HTM Family,
Well, our first few days are now behind us, and we are officially settling into our routines at Holy Trinity Montessori! I want to thank each of you for doing your part to support our new drop-off/ pick-up policies. Although we had a few expected "hiccups" at first, car line is going much more smoothly now and starting to feel like a very natural flow on campus. Thank you for your patience with that, and please be sure you're always looking around for cues from one another. Just as we tell the children, be respectful and courteous and we will all accomplish what we need to do!
Speaking of your children, they are adjusting nicely to their new classroom environments. Now that the "newness" is wearing off and they are becoming accustomed to expectations and practices in the classroom, we we are really beginning to enjoy productive work cycles. As an educator, I love to watch a child's eyes light up when he or she grasps a new concept for the first time. It never gets old, and that is what we are all experiencing with your children right now. It's my favorite part of being a teacher!
In other news, our beautiful new buildings are starting to look more and more like a school! We are roughing in the electrical and plumbing, and it won't be long before we are ready to put the finishing touches on the Elementary building. You'll have to pinch me when that day arrives because it will feel like a dream!
Welcome New Staff
We're excited to introduce you to the latest amazing educators to join our HTM Staff!
- Kelly McGonigal is our new Co-Teacher in the Toddler Community. She joins us after spending more than a decade as a Primary teacher in another Montessori school in Nashville. We are so glad she decided to try a new role working with our Toddlers here at HTM!
- Heather Schnoor officially joined the HTM family on a part-time basis two years ago, but this is her first year teaching in the classroom. She is serving as Co-Teacher in Primary A and we are happy to finally have her around full-time!
- Brooke Coyle joins the Primary B classroom as Co-Teacher. Her background includes both traditional and Montessori approaches and she brings a wealth of knowledge to her role at HTM.
- Sam Bennett joins our Lower Elementary community as a Classroom Assistant. After a career serving children through the Department of Children's Services, Sam decided to shift gears to work with children in an educational setting. She plans to obtain her Montessori credentials next summer.
- Lisa Florence, Co-Teacher in our Upper Elementary classroom, became a familiar face last year when her oldest son was enrolled in our Lower Elementary community. She loved the Montessori method so much that she decided to officially make a career change, and completed her Montessori training this summer!
- Gabe Vinci, who is serving as our Support Teacher, also decided to make a career change to pursue Montessori education. We are thankful that he found HTM and are excited to cheer him on as he pursues his credentials next summer!
Make sure you give a warm welcome to these new faces whenever you see them on campus. We are blessed to continue to add amazing educators to our HTM Staff!
Coming Soon: The Silent Journey
Cub Scout Pack 333
For details, please click here.
Calendar and Events
9/8 - Make Your Mark (Elementary only); details here
9/17 - Discovery Day: The Silent Journey, 9am-12pm
9/22 - Parent Enrichment Seminar: Raising Resilient Kids, 5pm
10/7 - Fall Break
10/13 - Parent Enrichment Seminar: Raising Calm Kids, 5pm (info coming soon)
10/15 - Kids Rock/ Family Day at HTM
11/1 - School Holiday: School Closed
11/4 - No Aftercare due to Art of Whine Setup
11/5 - Art of Whine, 6pm
11/22 - Thanksgiving Feast and Early Dismissal; No Aftercare
11/23-11/25 - Thanksgiving Break (School Closed)
12/2 - Gift Gala Women's Event, 6pm; No Aftercare
12/16 - Early Dismissal
12/17-1/2 - Christmas Break