Week of June 1-5
Edutopia Articles on End of Year assignments
Teaching & Tech Tip: 10 Google Tools That Make Your Life Easier
3 Things Students Want to Hear From Their Teachers
Parent Orientation for Incoming 6th graders June 11th!
Creating PDPs--Due June 23rd
- one area derived from the results of the teacher’s most recent annual performance evaluation;
- one area aligned to the teacher’s role as a member of a professional learning team, as appropriate; and
- one area aligned with school or district improvement goals, as appropriate.
Try to create professional development plans that meet your individual goals as it pertains to your content and pedagogy. You don't need to score less than a three in a component for it to be an area of focus.
As it pertains to your evaluations you might consider:
- Designing Tiered Instruction/Assessments (1e, 1c, 1e, 1f, 3c, 3d)
- Increasing student engagement by providing choice (1b, 1e,1f, 3c, 3d)
- Utilize project based learning to increase engagement (1a, 1c, 1e, 1f, 2b, 3c, 3d),
- Designing clear criteria for all assessments and empowering students to assist with criteria (1e, 3d)
As it pertains to a professional learning community you might:
- work with content partners to analyze common assessments utilizing data to adjust instruction (see link below)
- work with content partners to devise project based learning lessons with plans to implement at least one per month
- work with grade level to create monthly themes to be used in all content areas or for grade level activities
- work with content partners to create tiered lessons/assessments
As it pertains to school or district goals:
- With the onset of 1:1 ratio for computers to students, school goal will be increased use of Google apps for education with a strong focus on utilizing google classroom
- Another school goal will be the reduction in paper use with the 1:1 initiative. The number of copies is astronomical. The month of April; alone, we made over 80,000 copies. While we won't be paperless, we will look to get close
- Reduction in discipline and a focus on increased implementation of PBS
LEAVING OUTLOOK FOR GMAIL
Co-Teaching and it's effect on 2015-16 schedule
- Start checking in on your marsd.org mail to get accustomed prior to the change over. If you need assistance, please don't hesitate to ask.
- If you are going to take classes outside, please alert the front office and be sure to have your cell phone on you in case we need to get in touch with you to find a student for other reasons.
- If you are going to order lunch, please leave the money (and tip) with the main office and let them know where to reach you to alert you that your food has arrived.
- If you have yet to do so, please check your PD hours. If you find they are incorrect, please add the hours you feel are missing and turn it in to main office and we will send it to Fran Ferrara at Central Office.
Important Upcoming Dates
May 4-June 8: DRA Spring (ELA Teachers)
June 2: Art Show at the Public Library 6:30
June 2: Sports Awards
June 4: Choral Concert
June 4 and June 9: Lloyd Road Orientation for incoming 6th graders
June 11: Parent orientation for incoming 6th graders.
June 23: Individual PDPs for 15-16 due
June 25: 8th Grade Promotion Ceremony @ Brookdale