By Samantha Williams
How do floods happen?
Under water earthquakes can trigger tsunamis. Also rain can make lakes and rivers over flow. Hurricanes can also cause floods.
Pros and Cons about flooding.
- The Egyptians wanted the river to flood to irrigate the soil.
- And they dug ditches to holed the extra water.
- Not many people are killed.
- There are many shelters.
- Earthquakes can cause flooding.
- Animals can be killed and so can crops.
Reducing the Impacts
You can have flood kits or first aid kits. You can move to higher ground.Also people can build levees. Levees are walls that block flood waters from coming to the town.