Welcome to Seminar 2!
Looking ahead . . .
We're off to a great start and you should be proud of your hard work so far. It's been wonderful getting to know all of you and learning about your experiences. I also appreciate your enthusiasm as you approach the material and discussions.
This seminar we start working with direct and indirect proofs as well as Boolean functions (remember him?).
As always, I remain here to answer your questions, share my love of mathematics, and help you achieve your goals :-)
Mathematics shows up in every professional field. Consider your current or future profession. WHAT role does math play in your daily life? Consider conducting a few web searches and see if you fine more than what you expected.
The Mathematics Center is a free service offered by Baker College. You will be connected to a mathematics instructor who will work with you one-on-one to help you master the skills you will need to succeed in this and future courses. Please click on the GET MATH HELP button.
Now that the first quiz is under your belt, consider HOW you're going to prepare for this seminar's quiz. Some key tips to consider:
- Start early. Begin reviewing for the quiz starting on Friday. Take time to practice skills from each section.
- Practice regularly. Studying for a quiz doesn't happen the day before a quiz, it should happen every day as you review old skills and connect them to the new ones you're learning. Spend 20-30 minutes (or more) reviewing prior skills each day.
- Understand the steps. As you work through a problem, ensure you know HOW and WHY you're taking each step. If you aren't sure, consider reviewing in your book, using the MML tools, or posting your question to the class.
- Take your time. Don't feel rushed. Sometimes it takes longer to develop skills as you overcome possible pitfalls of time or anxiety. Don't feel rushed. Putting in quality time time will help you later.
- Ask questions. I am here to help and your classmates may have great ideas to share. Asking questions is the best way to get them answered.