The SPIRIT of SKS
Saint Kateri School's Weekly Newsletter ~ March 3, 2021
Saint Kateri School families ~
March has blown in and brought with it some very welcome sunny weather! Continue to have your child bring in appropriate weather clothes for outside recess play ~ the students go outside whenever they are able.
This week we are collecting CANNED VEGGIES and next week we will be collecting CANNED FRUIT for our CANerpillar for Can-Struction! Let's grow our caterpillar ~ all donations collected will be given to the St. Joseph's House of Hospitality.
The Reddington Scholarship is accepting applications for the 2021-2022 school year. Information was sent home in the Registration packet and can also be found on our website: http://www.saintkaterischool.org/wp-content/uploads/Reddington-Scholarship-2021-2022.pdf Please return completed application to Mrs. Connor, our School Counselor, prior to the deadline as she has information to provide. The application deadline is April 30, 2021.
We are asking our current families that have not registered yet to return your registration paperwork by Friday, March 12th in order to secure your registration for next year. A reminder that on March 16th the registration fee will increase to $150.
Walk-A-Thon: This week a copy of the Walk-A-Thon Sponsor Letter went home with all students. Sponsoring our Walk-A-Thon helps to raise funds for our school and showcases some amazing local businesses that are connected to our SKS Family. If you are a business owner ~ we would love your support! If you know a business owner ~ please pass the information on to them. Thank you!
Many blessings to our Saint Kateri School families ~
Mrs. Terri L. Morgan, Principal
Phone: (585) 467-8730
Upcoming Calendar Dates:
- 3/3: Hot Lunch opens
- 3/3: Spirit Shirt Day!
- 3/3: Parent's Association 6:00-7:30pm
- 3/5: Stations of the Cross at 8:45am
- 3/9: Quiet Mass (5th/2nd)
- 3/12: Stations of the Cross at 8:45am
- 3/12: Current family registrations due for 2021-2022
- 3/15: Last day for $100 Early Registration fee
- 3/16: Registration fee goes up to $150
- 3/16: Quiet Mass (4th/1st)
- 3/17: Hot Lunch closes at 9:30am
- 3/19: Stations of the Cross at 8:45am
- 3/23: Quiet Mass (3rd/K)
- 3/26: Stations of the Cross at 8:45am
- 3/29-4/2: NO SCHOOL - Spring Break
- 4/5: Return to school
- 4/6: School Mass (4th grade)
- 4/7: Spirit Shirt Day
- 4/7: Parent's Association (6-7:30)
- 4/13: QM Kindergarten -2nd grade
- 4/14: Half Day Dismissal (PK @ 11:00 and K-5 @ 11:30)
- 4/16: Q3 ends
- 4/20: No Quiet Mass
- 4/20-4/22: NYS ELA Assessments grade 3-5
- 4/26: Yearbook Order DUE
- 4/27: QM 3rd - 5th grade
- 4/29: Q3 Report Cards go home
- 4/30: NO SCHOOL Superintendent's Day
Reminders from the Main Office:
- Please be sure you are driving SLOWLY and SAFELY around the campus during Drop-Off and Pick-Up. Students are exiting and entering cars, and while there are Car Line teachers monitoring ~ they can be a little unpredictable.
- A note for the PK-2nd grade Car Line: Please have your child wait in the car until you are directed by a Car Line teacher (usually Mrs. Payne) to either move up in the line or that you are able to have your child exit the vehicle. Recently we have asked students to come into the building for their temperature check but it is becoming concerning with students walking the length of the building to head into Door 10 for temperature checks. Please wait until you get the OK for your child to get out of the car.
- Hot Lunch ordering for April is open today until Wednesday, March 17th. Orders for March lunches are no longer being taken.
Parent's Association Meeting tonight 6:00-7:30pm
Join Zoom Meeting
Meeting ID: 853 3400 5853
Stations of the Cross
5th grade prepared to lead the Stations of the Cross for their first time.
Each Station has a hand sanitizer in order to safely pass the microphone and our Distance Learner will be leading our last Station.
Let us begin as we should begin all things ~
4th grade leads School Mass on March 2, 2021
SAVE THE DATE
Saturday, June 12th
We will pass on the details as we get them and as Seabreeze receives their guidance from New York State. This is exciting news!
2021-2022 Registration is well underway!
YOU ARE OUR BEST ADVERTISEMENT!
- Reach out to family and friends who are looking for a school for their children next year
- Post on your social media accounts
- Share our school posts
- Comment on local Irondequoit groups your recommendations about attending SKS
- Recommend Saint Kateri School as part of a Google review
Amazon Smile Program
Attention Amazon shoppers! We are continuing to use the AmazonSmile program for our school and church community. It’s very easy and of no cost to you. When you shop at smile.amazon.com, our school community will receive a portion of the proceeds from each eligible purchase as a donation from Amazon.
Simply search for “Saint Kateri Tekakwitha Roman Catholic Parish in Irondequoit, NY” and select it as your charity. Then shop as usual! Amazon will remember your charity when it is time to check out and our community will receive a portion of your eligible purchases! Thank you for participating and happy shopping! Feel free to pass this information on to family members and friends looking to help out our school!