Volume 2, Issue 4 Sept. 2016
Tuesday, September 27th-Staff Meeting for Psychs
Wednesday, October 5th-PHEAA Annual Counselor Workshop @ CIU 20
Friday, October 7th-NPSS Principals' Luncheon
Tuesday, October 11th-PAFPC Fall Regional Workshop
Wednesday, October 12th - Friday, October 14th-PAIU NPSS Fall Conference
Wednesday, October 19th-Title I Coordinators' Meeting
Tuesday, October 25th-Math Symposium at DeSales University
Monday, November 7th-Parent & Family Engagement Night
THINGS TO REMEMBER
- With the exception of regularly scheduled staff meetings, meetings scheduled by Todd, and orientation, you will need to complete a PAR for any activity that you plan on attending that is outside of your site. Also, please make sure you go into Aesop and mark that you will be attending a conference/workshop.
- Prior to submitting PAR requests, please make sure and check if there is a registration fee associated with the event. If so, please make sure you include the amount in the PAR. If there is no fee, you may leave this section blank.
- For those participating in the Parent & Family Engagement Night on 11/7, please email Todd your activity A.S.A.P so that he can create a flyer.
- Form A Pre-Assessments are due to Todd via Google no later than Monday, 10/3.
- Teachers-By Wednesday, 10/5, please make sure that your NPSS Student Database is accurate and up-to-date. This includes the removal of students not receiving service and the completion of all pertinent fields. Should you need assistance, please contact Christine A.S.A.P.
- SLOs and SMART Goals are due to Todd via Google no later than Monday, 10/17. You should already have the templates shared with you. Please make a copy first in Google first prior to completing and sharing.
- For the staff meetings scheduled in October, Todd would like you to read The Energy Bus through Page 75, and complete an activity in which he will send out at a later date. You may complete these assignments at your sites rather than traveling to the IU. These assignments will drive the discussions at the joint staff meeting scheduled for November 15th.
Meet Karen Sternat! Karen has been a school psychologist with CIU 20 since October of 1987. She was assigned to public schools from October of 1987 until January of 1995 when she began working in the Nonpublic School Services Department. Karen is certified in Pennsylvania as an Elementary Teacher, Educational Specialist (School Psychologist), Reading Specialist, and Administrative I (Principal K-12). She obtained her Bachelor of Science Degree in Elementary Education from East Stroudsburg University and Master of Arts Degree in Psychology from Marywood University. She did her course work at Lehigh University for the Principal Certification. Prior to being employed as a school psychologist, Karen worked as a child care worker with mentally challenged children in a residential setting, substitute elementary teacher, Head Start Teacher, Program Director of Family Horizons (the program was for child abused children - infants to school age and their parents), and Reading YMCA Director of Preschool Programs and School Age Day Cares.
On a personal note, Karen celebrated 35 years of marriage this year and her husband plans on retiring this December. She has 2 children, Mark C. - 30 years old and Meghan - 26 years old, and let’s not forget the pets. Mr. Tubs, a 10 year old cat and Kaylee, an 8 year old Yorkie Poo. Karen likes to spend time with family and friends. She also enjoys traveling, reading, walking, feeding birds, and watching birds especially “hummers”.
Thank you, Karen, for all you do for NPSS!