Education in the 1990's
By: Brittany and Taylor pruitt
• The interactive whiteboard was created and used in the classroom
• The start of using technology in the classroom
The "Smart Board" was beginning to be used, and changed the way a classroom interacts.
In the 90's, they didn't have the new "fancy" projectors. They had projectors that reflected the paper onto a blank screen.
About once a week, kids would go into a computer lab to do learning activities. Also, they would sometimes do typing, spelling, and math in these labs.
Role of teachers and Curriculum:
• Teachers must be leaders in the classroom and in the school, earning the respect of students and setting a positive example.
• links to technology and gives children the opportunity to explore how things work firsthand through activities and experiences with a wide variety of materials.
other important facts:
• Use of the Internet Grows Exponentially
• Harry potter encourages millions of kids to read