Lakeview Family Newsletter - December 20
Prefer to read this in a different language? Scroll to the bottom and click "translate".
Merry and Bright
Every day at Lakeview is merry and bright. Here are a few examples:
• The newly-toothy grin of a student who has lost a first tooth
• A student who celebrates when he/she gets to wear a cape that says "Super Reader" on it
• A child who repairs a broken relationship with a friend
• A student who excitedly records a math problem on SeeSaw and shares it with you
• The beautiful voices of song at a concert and art proudly created and displayed
• Teachers who celebrate every effort and achievement for each student
• Families that surround Lakeview with love and support
The work we do at Lakeview is the most important work on earth - we shape the future every day. And we have the best teachers, best students, and best families to accomplish that work! As principal, I want to pause and say thank you to everyone connected with Lakeview. May this holiday - like every day at Lakeview - be merry and bright for you and your family.
Pictures from our last day before break
Mrs. DeBruin's 5K class made gingerbread houses
Mrs. Tinsen organizes our annual all-school sing-along
Ms. Swick takes Mrs. Brever's class on a virtual Google expedition to the North Pole
No school December 23 through January 3
Monday, January 6, 2020 - First day of school after Winter Break
Thursday, January 9 - PTO meeting from 7-8 p.m. in the library
Friday, January 17 - PTO Family game night (new event!) from 6-8 p.m. in the gym
Be ready to play your favorite family board games - we'll have some set up already and you can bring one to share!
5th Grade - Chromebooks
• Please keep it in a safe place to store it where it will not get lost, knocked over, stepped on, etc.
• Please do not keep it in a cold car
• Plug it in all day on January 4th or 5th - set yourself a reminder now. Students really are so sad when they get to school on the 6th and the Chromebook is out of battery.
These sound like things we should just be able to "expect" our 5th graders to know and do. Some will, but this is their first experience with having a Chromebook over an extended holiday. This is a time where parents and families have to take and teach this responsibility.
Be on time and stay all day!
If being on time has been a struggle for your child or family, perhaps that could be a New Year's resolution to work on in 2020.
As a reminder, here is the letter about school attendance that was sent to all families in August 2019. It also contains reminders about school closing for snow or cold (which we hopefully will not need to worry about this year!)
Save the Date - 2020
Add our dates to your brand new 2020 calendar before it fills up with everything else that keeps your family busy:
PTO Family Game Night - Friday, January 17 from 6-8 p.m. in the gym
McTeacher Night at McDonald's - Thursday, January 23 from 4:30-7:00 p.m.
SM Literacy Night - Friday, February 7 - click here for flyer
Scholastic Book Fair during conferences - February 19 & 20
PTO Snowball Dance - Thursday, February 27 from 5-7 p.m.
Lakeview art show - Wednesday, March 11 from 5-7 p.m. in the gym
Lakeview spring concert - Tuesday, March 17 at 6:30 p.m. at the high school
Culver's Night - Thursday, March 19