Mrs. Birkland's Kindergarten Class
This week we have been awesome! WE have been doing a lot to get ready for our conferences next week. Check it out below!
Writing-a peak into our day
Math-Those tricky teens
Playing our Race to 20 game
Reading with Mrs. B
Speaking of Conferences-Check your time and make sure to sign up if you have not already!
Valentine's Day Party-Wednesday
Our Supplies are running low. We are in need of: smarties, skittles, and hershey kisses. Thank you soooo much!
Letters and the Sounds We have studied
Sight Words We have practiced-PLEASE PRACTICE AT HOME!!!
Quarter 2 Words: are, as, like, by, he, she, will, go, all, it, of, to, up, do, at, look, had, was, so, have, for
Quarter 3: not, but, be, what, her, did
Fun at Discovery on Friday :)
I wonder (things to ask your child at home)
- Did you write any books this week?
- What sound do you hear in the middle of each word: dog, mud, fit, pat, beg?
- Can you tell me a word that rhymes with kite? zoom? rat?
- Can you count to 100 by 10's?
- Can you use your mitten and the character cards to retell the story of The Mitten to me?
Just a Few Reminders
- As it is starting to get chilly outside, please dress your child in layers (jacket, short sleeves, etc.) Our rooms are warm and I don't want your child to be too hot inside and cold outside! DON'T FORGET A JACKET/COAT!
- Please go through your child's backpack every evening to see their accomplishments and charge their iPad!
Specials Schedule for next week
Dates to Remember
9th and 11th-Parent Teacher Conferences Sign up here
10th-Valentine's Day Party 3:15-3:45
12th and 15th-No School
16th-19th-Kindergarten Gates Testing (standardized testing)
Mrs. Amy Birkland
Lunch Time 11:51-12:16