2023-24 School Year
CIS Elementary (K-5th) & CIS Academy (6th-12th)
Center for Independent Study Elementary (TK-5th Grade)
Learn online in a flexible and personalized environment. Engage in live, daily lessons and weekly one-on-one teacher meetings to experience a high-quality education, from wherever you are!
- Enjoy access to a variety of digital libraries, grade-level resources, and a rigorous curricula.
- Participate in daily synchronous lessons, small-group instruction, and weekly one-on-one student-teacher conferences for a personalized and collaborative learning environment.
- Join your classmates for a weekly in-person On Campus Learning Day, were we focus on SEL skills, content support, Art, and PE.
- Experience flexibility that supports each family's individualized ability to access to educational opportunities.
Center for Independent Study Academy (6th-12th Grade)
Learn online or in-person with weekly on-on-one teacher meetings.
- Gain a standards-based education on a flexible schedule.
Students with IEP's must first have an amendment conference stipulating that Independent Study is an appropriate learning environment.
For more information, please contact our team!
Phone: 626-396-5800 Ext. 78001
School Site: Wilson Middle School, 300 Madre St, Pasadena, CA 91107 (8:00am - 4:00pm)
Sign Up Today!
If you are interested in enrolling your student in our K-12 Independent Study Program, please use the links below to register.
Current PUSD Students
If your student is currently enrolled in a PUSD school, please complete the following steps:
- Complete the Relinquish Permit Request
- If you attend PUSD on a permit, you will also need to complete the Interdistrict Attendance Permit for again, and get released from your residential district to attend our program.
New to PUSD
If you just moved with PUSD boundaries and your student is NEW to PUSD, please complete the following steps:
- Complete the Aeries Online Registration Form
New Out-Of-District Students
If you live outside of PUSD boundaries and your student is NEW to PUSD, please complete the following steps:
- Complete the Interdistrict Attendance Permit form (Out-of-district applicants only)
- Complete the Aeries Online Registration form