Salary per year- low, and the high
An average Police man make about 35,000 to 70,000 a year.
Perks Of The Job
- Competitive starting salary while attending the police academy
- Excellent medical, dental, and vision coverage
- 80-180 hours of paid vacation annually
- Up to 96 hours of paid sick leave annually
- Annual cost of living increase
- Off-duty employment [which may pay more]
- Bonus for being bilingual
- Potential earlier retirement for military personnel
- Holiday bonus paY
The Education You Need
Police officer education requirements range from a high school diploma to a college degree. The minimum requirement is usually a high school diploma.
Location Of Hiring
- New York City
- Grand Rapids, MI
- Washington, DC
Description Of Job
State police officers are the ones who are responsible for enforcing motor vehicle laws. For this reason, they are often called highway patrol officers. State officers can also arrest criminals anywhere in the state. Sometimes they are asked to help the local officers in the jurisdiction where they are working. Like uniformed officers, they know how to give basic first aid, since they are often the first officers on the scene of a crime or car accident.