Klager Board Report
For the February Board meeting 2016
Ms Ellen Supers will present and share the ePark program. This program offers individualized support for reading and math. Ms.Supers has piloted the program for two years and is very pleased with the student response. Mrs. Suzanne Birgy is piloting the reading portion of eSpark with her kindergarten.She plans to bring some of her student to the March meeting and share their progress and appreciation.
The NWEA assess our k-4 students in reading and math, and language usage for our third and fourth-grade students. We closed the window for testing on February 1st. We are working with the students to realize that they control the outcome of this assessment. It becomes on a piece of data that the staff can use to modify and adjust the curriculum to meet the student needs. As a part of our Leadership format, we ask our students to think about their current score and set a goal for the April assessment. We are asking the students to look at the averages for their grade level and make a concrete plan to maintain and accelerate their learning. We are appreciative of programs like eSpark and Moby Max that allow our students to acclerate and remidiate learning.
- 2.9.16-Leadership Workshop-12:00-2:00 pm
- 2.9.16-Building configuration meeting
- 2.10.16-Talent Show practice
- 2.12.16-Klager Movie Night
- 2.15.16-No School-Presidents Day
- 2.15.16-School Board Meeting
- 2.17.16-Kindergarten Information Night
- 2.18.16-Grade Level Meetings
- 2.23.16-Configuration meeting
- 2.23.16-Klager PTO meeting
- 2,24.16-Talent Show-rehearsal times to be announced
- 2.25.16-Principal's Advisory
- 3.2.16-SIP meeting
- 3.3.16 Staff Meeting
- March 22nd, 10:00, practice for Leadership Day
- March 23rd Leadership Day
- June 2nd-Tenative Date for Kids Against Hunger packaging.
Klager Leader in Me Leadership Day
More coming soon, invitations are in the mail.
We will highlight our current progress with The Leader in Me at an upcoming board meeting, likely April.