Vol. 8 , Issue 7; October 16, 2020
Upcoming School Schedule
Thursday, October 22 - Picture Day
Wednesday, November 11 - Veterans Day (no school)
Monday, November 23 - Parent/Teacher conferences - Half day for students (10:22 a.m. release)
Tuesday, November 24 - Early release drill (1:45 p.m. release)
Wednesday-Friday, November 25-27 - Thanksgiving break (no school)
- If you are a student coming into school for the day, please push the outside buzzer and someone from the office will meet you inside the ramp.
- If you are a parent dropping something off for a student, we ask that you push the outside buzzer and we will have you set whatever you may be dropping off on the table inside of the ramp.
- If you are a parent picking up a student early, please push the buzzer and let us know who you are picking up and we will send them outside.
MHS Picture Day 10/22
- The photography team will have their temperature taken before the start of their shift and upon arrival at the MHS.
- They will be screened using the COVID symptom protocol.
- They will disinfect themselves and all equipment before, during, and after each photo session.
- A non-contact policy with students requires that grooming services will not be provided.
- A marked working space to maintain a distance of at least 6 feet at all times for everyone.
- Hands-free posing by utilizing visual and verbal aids.
- Students will be photographed while standing as opposed to sitting.
Photos will be taken in the gymnasium to allow for maximum open space and ventilation.
For remote learners, please contact the main office for further guidance regarding picture day.
Senior pictures are due to Mr. LaVallee by January 4th, 2021. Please contact him with any questions or concerns, firstname.lastname@example.org.
Class Ring & Cap and Gown Ordering - October 29th!
Rulf's Donuts Class of 2024 Fundraiser
Psych Notes by Dr. Miller
Diversity, Equality, and Inclusion
LPCSD invites interested people of all ages to join a work group on a diversity, equity and inclusion policy, sometimes referred to as a diversity policy. If you are interested in being part of this work group, please contact Board member Martha Spear at 518-946-7851 or email@example.com.
Free Meals for ALL Students Through the End of the 2020-21 School Year!
Grab and Go Breakfasts- Our food service staff will have "Grab and Go" breakfasts available at each entrance every morning. Students will be able to grab their breakfast choice and proceed to their 1st-period class.
- Interested in learning to work the clock for Varsity Soccer? Contact Mr. Burdick at firstname.lastname@example.org. Many hours are available with this commitment and volunteers are needed ASAP.
- Ecumenical Food Collection Day: On Saturday, October, 17 from 9 am-12 pm in the St. Agnes parking lot. See below for more information.
Don't forget, a parent/guardian can volunteer along with their student and earn double the hours toward the graduation requirement. Please see Mrs. Patti McConvey for more volunteer opportunities and don't forget to fill out and hand in those volunteer forms!
Ecumenical Food Bank Information
- Several of the Lake Placid community service organizations have joined together to host monthly Ecumenical Food Bank Food Drives for the foreseeable future.
- Volunteers from the organizations will be available at the St. Agnes Church parking lot to receive food donations.
- The next collection date is Saturday, October 17 from 9 a.m. to noon.
- More information can be found in the Lake Placid Insider and the organizations' websites and Facebook pages. They include the Adirondack Community Church, Lake Placid School District, Lake Placid Synagogue, Lions Club, Rotary Club, and St. Agnes Parish.
- If you would like to join the effort please contact the Lake Placid Rotary Club via their website or email@example.com
Board of Education Meeting Dates 2020-21
The LPCSD Board of Education meets every 1st and 3rd Tuesday of each month in the MHS Library Media Center. Board members attend in person or via zoom from their homes.
- Any guests planning on attending must wear masks. Space is limited to 5 people (first come, first served).
- Board agenda documents will become live on Saturday before the meeting and can be found at: https://go.boarddocs.com/ny/lpcsd/Board.nsf/Public
- Anyone can submit comments for the Good of the Cause by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org. Emails will be read during the portion of the Good of the Cause.
- Board meetings are streamed live at: http://www.lpcsd.org/. Click on "live stream."
Upcoming meeting dates are as follows: