Kindergarten Enrollment Packet 2022
West Hartford Public Schools
Parent/Caregiver Evenings for Incoming Kindergarteners
Not sure which school is yours? Use the street selector tool on the Residency Office webpage.
Braeburn Elementary: April 28, 2022: 6:30 p.m.
Bugbee Elementary: April 28, 2022 7:00 p.m.
Charter Oak International Academy: May 5, 2022 6:30 p.m.
Duffy Elementary: March 31, 2022 5:45 p.m.
Norfeldt Elementary: April 7, 2022 6:30 p.m.
Smith STEM School: April 28, 2022 6:30 p.m.
Webster Hill Elementary: March 31, 2022 6:30 p.m.
Whiting Lane Elementary: March 31, 2022 6:30 p.m.
Wolcott Elementary: April 5, 2022 6:00 p.m.
What You Need To Do Now
2. Your most important job is to establish residency
Tutorial with ASL
If you are currently enrolled in a WHPS Pre-K you do not have to register again. (attending Pre-K at Aiken, Charter Oak, Smith, Webster Hill or Whiting Lane)
3. Health Forms
It is a requirement to have a State of CT Health Record Form (including immunizations) on file with the school nurse. Please provide your most recent completed form to your school office by August 15, 2022. If you do not have one, please ask your pediatrician to complete one.
**Please complete the Health Records Signature Page
You may find these additional forms helpful:
4. Parent/Caregiver Questionnaire for Students Entering Kindergarten
5. Permission to Communicate with Your Child's Preschool/Childcare Provider Waiver
6. Before and After School Care (if needed)
Each elementary school has a licensed program that provides before and after care for students in K-5th grade. To learn more about rates and hours please contact programs directly.
Checklist - make sure you complete all the items above!
- Call your school to let them know your kindergarten is coming this fall!
Attend Kindergarten Orientation Evening
- Complete all three steps of online registration
- Send updated physical to the school nurse by August 15th
Complete the Health Signature Page
- Complete the Parent/Caregiver Questionnaire for Students Entering Kindergarten
- Sign the waiver allowing Kindergarten and Preschool teachers to communicate
- Enroll in before/after school care program if needed.
What You Can Do Later
A practice bus ride will be available for incoming kindergarten students on Monday, August 8, 2022. Practice rides will take place at your elementary school at 9:00 a.m. More information
We encourage families to apply early for free & reduced priced lunch. If you qualify for free or reduced price lunch, breakfast is free.
Regular school day hours are:
Monday, Tuesday, Thursday, Friday 8:35 a.m.- 3:20 p.m.
Wednesday 8:35 a.m. - 2:00 p.m.
Learn more in the Parent Guide to Special Education in West Hartford Public Schools.